Posting Issues

Platonic Solid

Founding Member
May 29, 2002
CT-USA
This is probably something simple on my end, but when I attept to use the format icons: "B" , "I" , "U" , "Link" , etc ... at the top of the "Post reply" box, I get: "! Error on page" in the lower left hand corner of the screen. Is it just me or are there issues with the site? Maybe there's an IE security setting that I need to change?

Thanks
Svend

• Sponsors (?)

OK, this blows! Apparently I'm the only one experiencing this problem.

(image: "head banging smiley", "mad smiley" and "I dunno smiley", since I can't insert them.)

I guess I'll have to do all my "vB Code" by hand. ~sigh~

Thanks Brian. What's that saying: "given an infinate amount of time and a typerwriter, a hundred monkeys will eventually write . . . .".

The only clue I have is that the bar at the bottom of "Internet Explorer" never says "Done" when I'm in the "reply to post" page. It just sits there stuck on: "Opening page http://forums.stangnet.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=4002474#...". If I click on any of the format buttons or smilies, it briefly states "Error On Page" with the exclamation point in the yellow triangle.

All the other pages work fine. ie: They state "Done" at the bottom of IE when the page is done loading.

You're not the only one having trouble. I tried to upload a post yesterday and it started to do it, then stopped and didn't continue. The post never made it. I also have trouble inserting smileys and haven't tried uploading any pictures yet, I don't want to go through all the hassle of formatting and loading all my software again.