(potential) Project Fox-95

Lu_St

Nov 21, 2014
First post here, not a fox owner yet but I have a grand plan that I wanted to run by the community.

I'm Lute from the Atlanta area and I am looking to swap everything from '94 Cobra into a fox body.

Back story here, my dad purchased a 94 Cobra about 6yrs ago as his daily driver, he noticed something was a bit off in the handling but couldn't put his finger on what the problem was.

Fast forward a few months and we are swapping springs out for a set of FRPP lowering and tossing caster camber plates on it along with a set of new 98 cobra wheels and new tires. Bring it in to the shop for an alignment and tad-ah.... frame is bent! So far that they couldn't actually properly align it and someone already tried to pull the frame to straighten it so no luck there.

Turns out that it was wrecked hard, never reported, somebody replaced a bunch of parts and spliced in a new rad core support. They didn't straighten the frame out before hand though so when they tried to pull it the couldn't square it up since the welded it together skewed, in the process ruined the subframes and pretty much all the frame from the firewall forward.

So what I want to do is get ahold of a run down fox and swap everything, dash, seats, center city console, rear end, front suspension, motor, trans, accessories, AC, heater, wiring harnesses, ECU etc.

Its a huge project that I am really excited about and wanted to know what hurdles guys here have had doing bits and pieces of the above.

Let me know what you guys think!

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like an awesome project but don't get too run down of a fox. You can sell a lot of parts that you don't need but you still need the body, torque boxes and paint to be in good condition. Body and paint adds a lot of $$$$ to a project.