Potential svt buyer...

stangjunkie

Nov 15, 2004
Well ive got my '65 and i have been driving a 94 v6 for a while now but im getting kindof tired of the lack of power plus it has over 200k on her so she wont be around much longer. im looking at selling it and had been pondering a gt untill i found this cobra. its a 96 svt, it actually belongs to the guy who is building my motors son. It has 110k on it and looks good. However iknow it has been wrecked in the past, completely fixed but it was still wrecked. ALso it took it to the track alot so i know it is an abused motor... Is this a good investment? he hadn't even thought of selling it till i mentioned i was looking for one... How much should i look to offer kbb trade in is 3900 and private party is 5900 then i factor in the wreck and abuse i say what 4500?? Also it says that they are rated stock with 305hp?? is that rwhp or is that to the flywheel?? how much shoul i see at the wheels in this car assuming no mods?? (the kid loved this car so i think it has a few)

THanks and i hope to be posting here alot more

• Sponsors (?)

I have a 97 vert that just hit 100k miles a few days ago. It's a great car. HP at the wheels should be 260ish. Last night I ran a 99 Z28 vert from a 70 roll (the bottom of 3rd for me) and pulled ahead by about half a car until 120, then he started to pull. But my top was down and his top was up. With my top up it would have been even better for me. If you can get it for 4500 and are comfortable with it being wrecked, but its been repaired properly, I'd say go for it. You'll love the car. Let me know if you have any questions.