Power Increasing Upgrades While Staying Naturally Aspirated?

mpeach1976

Feb 14, 2014
what are some bolt on upgrades that would add significant gains in power while staying naturally aspirated (including intake and exhaust components) and what components could I expect to see the most gains with? I already have a CAI, tune and Flowmaster axle backs other than that my car is stock. My first objective is to put the factory FWHP to the wheels.

• Sponsors (?)

The CAI and axlebacks don't really do much for you power wise. I think your next steps would be long tube headers and a mid pipe with either high flow cats or no cats. Both would require a revised tune. You can also try the boss intake manifold and get some more power if you push up the redline. I know it fit on 2011-2012...I'm assuming the same applies to 2013-2014 but you may have to look into it. That's probably as far as you can go with bolt ons but maybe someone else here has a few more ideas to offer.

I've been away from the s197 world for a couple of years and I don't recall the total gains you can expect from these additions.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ford racing has a nice power pack using the Cobra Jet N/A intake manifold. I would recommend full length long tube headers. You may also want to consider the GT350 intake manifold that made some impressive numbers on dyno. You have to set final goals and come up with a plan.

Ford racing has a nice power pack using the Cobra Jet N/A intake manifold. I would recommend full length long tube headers. You may also want to consider the GT350 intake manifold that made some impressive numbers on dyno. You have to set final goals and come up with a plan.
My final goal -while staying naturally aspirated- is to definitely put the factory FWHP to the rear wheels.