Power steering pump or pulley squeak

Telewanger

Apr 4, 2009
My power steering pump or pulley is chirping / squeaking.

1994 5.0

After spraying some silicone spray where the pulley meets the shaft, it will stop for a few minutes.

Question:

Since the pulley is pressed on, does it have bearings, or are the bearings in the pump itself?

I am 100% sure it is either the power steering pulley or the pump!

I am not sure which one to replace, or both.

YouTube - Mike's 1994 Mustang GT

mustangengine.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I know this is an old thread, but I figured I'd bump it instead of creating a new one since this is sort of relevant to the OP:

I just got rid of my 95 GT (pictured in av). Right before I sold it I had planned on replacing the idler pulley as well as the torx fastener that holds it into place because the pulley was squeaking and the torx headed fastener was...well...I just hate those, haha. I was going to replace the pulley with this and the torx fastener with this but I never got around to doing it. Seeing as how I don't have the car anymore, does anyone want my pulley and bolt assembly? Including shipping, I probably payed a total of 40 or so bucks for the two but I'll give them to whoever wants them for free just as long as you pay for the shipping of course, hah. This is just my (very small) way of giving back to the stang net community after all of your years of service, :nice: lol.

Feel free to PM me if you want 'em. (I'll be shipping from Austin TX if you want to estimate the cost)

pulley and bolt.jpg

P.S. This is my new toy (not as fun but more reliable :rolleyes:):

a.jpg

Hah, I knew y'all would grill me about the dodge. I'm not saying they're more reliable than fords, I'm just saying that particular dodge is more reliable than my particular 'stang. (granted, most things with four wheels are :rlaugh:)