Power Window Conversion

jefferz

Oct 21, 2004
Spokane, WA
Hey I was wondering what it would take to convert my manual windows to power in my 95? I have power door panels sitting around here and they are in much better shape than my manual ones and I have always really just wanted to do the switch. I guess you can call me lazy :D , but I like power windows.

The only thing I have found is that the tracks are the same and the wires are there?

So do I just need the motors and the switches? Any help would be great!

The car was originally a v6 but I don't think that matters because I am sure this is the same scenario if someone wanted power windows on their gts?

• Sponsors (?)

If the tracks are the same, I'd think you'd just need the motors, regulators, and switches to make it work. The innards of the door should be the same more or less as your 02, so just take a peek at each and compare. All of the wiring should be in the car, as far as I know.

94 95 Mustangs are max wired, which means they are wired for every possible option for the factory. Our hard tops are even wired for a vert top. The wiring unplugs behind the kick panels. you will need the harness, switches, actuators and motors. Everything should just bolt and click in.

let me know how it goes as I am doing the swap in the next couple of months. Good luck

I'm having some trouble my self with the manual crank to power windows and was just wondering what you did or had to do to make them work, I have all the wires switches and motors. I'm just not sure how to take the pin/gear crank that puts the window up off so I can put the power motor in?? :/