Pressure Plate

smkshw

5 Year Member
Feb 12, 2010
i just put in a new clutch and pressure plate last summer..(3 months on it),tko tranny is on its way,but now i have to put in a new 26 spline clutch disc......should i still get the pressure plate re surfaced?....wanted to try and get it done in a day because im not doing it at home....

• Sponsors (?)

unless you thoroughly abused the clutch, you wont need a new pressure plate, and you shouldnt need to do anything to the current one either. i would inspect it to be sure, but otherwise i would just install the new disc and trans.

thats what i wanted to hear,if it dosnt really need it done then id rather not,im sure it wont hurt to do it but i have a day to get it done and less running around and waiting is what i was hoping....it was a new engine so i didnt bag it too much....did do a pass in the 3rd month at the track though...?...lol

Once you see the flywheel, you should know what if anything needs to be done. If it's really in great shape; leave it alone. If it's worn a bit with light hot spots; you can hit it with an abrasive \ roloc disc. If it has allot of hot spots and light fracturing; get it machined IMHO....

Reactions: 1 user