Problem With Brakes After Converting To Dual Ms On 66

Also I noticed you said you upgraded to 5 lug on a 6 cyl car but that video you posted looks like that backing plate and spindle have been on there awhile. Did you use the old ones that were already on there. If that's the case - 6 cyl cars had a 9" ID drum and 8 cyl had a 10" drum so you could be using 9 inch pads with a 10 inch drum?

• Sponsors (?)

"R" goes on the PASSENGER SIDE. It does NOT indicate a "right hand thread" on the adjuster "star wheel", it indicates "right side", just like on the adjuster lever. That said, I doubt it's the cause of your problem, unless you backed it all the way off, and then I'd have my doubts. It's possible you have the wrong hold down pins (too long), the wrong hold down springs (too weak), the wrong shoe "pins", the little forked pins that connect the wheel cylinder cups to the shoes (too short), the wrong shoes, or the wrong wheel cylinders. When properly installed, it is pretty much impossible for a master cylinder to generate enough pressure to "blow out" a wheel cylinder.

Also I noticed you said you upgraded to 5 lug on a 6 cyl car but that video you posted looks like that backing plate and spindle have been on there awhile. Did you use the old ones that were already on there. If that's the case - 6 cyl cars had a 9" ID drum and 8 cyl had a 10" drum so you could be using 9 inch pads with a 10 inch drum?
THAT will definitely do it.