Problem With Speedo And Gear Replacement.

Mikes2011GT

Aug 5, 2016
So the gears were changed to 3.73 I corrected this with the tune and I can only get 3.74 on the tuner. The speedometer is off a good amount. I would say it's off about a good 10 miles per hour. I can sort of deal with this but the miles is more then actual mileage being driven. Has this happened to anyone after a gear change and recalibrate through the tuner? Any ideas what to do next to correct this issue and get the speedo dialed in correctly?

• Sponsors (?)

To word it better, I changed the gears to 3.73. The tuner will only let me program it with 3.74 gears. The speedometer is still off about 10 mph faster. Has this happened to anyone after a gear change and fixing the gear ratio on the tuner?

I would say get a new tuner. But taking it to a transmission shop and paying them to calibrate the speedometer to the gears might be cheaper or free if you can get on a good foot with them; should only take a few minutes if you get them at the end of the work day and they are slow/bored. I always give shops beer money when they do stuff like that for free.

I would say get a new tuner. But taking it to a transmission shop and paying them to calibrate the speedometer to the gears might be cheaper or free if you can get on a good foot with them; should only take a few minutes if you get them at the end of the work day and they are slow/bored. I always give shops beer money when they do stuff like that for free.
To my knowledge, it can only be done through the computer. There isn't a speed gear to change. I was thinking of restoring to factory tune and then trying it again. I'm new with tuning and not 100% sure what I'm doing to be confident enough to play around with it.