Program Remote

Mikeinaz

Jul 10, 2016
Okay here we go I bought a car 98 Mustang GT wasn't sure if I had keyless entry I bought a remote from eBay i found the keyless entry module in the trunk jump the connectors like you're supposed to the doors locked and unlocked but the fob will not program
Then I was looking under the dash and I found an old alarm connected but had the fuse missing so i put one in alarm went off and started honking horn blinking lights car will not start (pulled fuse car started) the only thing is says on alarm in Model 1, I did some investigation and look like it's a old Omega alarm I think it might have been dealer installed
So my question would the dealer installed alarm prevent me from programming my fobs in the trunk like you're supposed to the trunk
The 2 pics are keyless entry and the alarm the paper on the alarm has part of my VIN number and the date
here's the numbers on key fob I got from eBay wonder if it's compatible with my system
Fcc id#GQ43VT11T
I did find the valet switch for that alarm I was able to turn it off , i did figure out help to program a new key fob if I could find one that's compatible with it
The alarm fcc id#L2MAL51R
So I have factory keyless entry and dealer installed alarm does the alarm cancel out my factory keyless entry, should I be looking for key fobs for dealer installed alarm or fob for factory keyless entry

Attachments

• 20160707_213531.jpg
    20160707_213531.jpg
    428.8 KB · Views: 112
  • 20160707_193510.jpg
    20160707_193510.jpg
    303.9 KB · Views: 124
  • Sponsors (?)