Progress Thread Project 2015 Gt: Waiting For New Go Fast Parts

• Sponsors (?)

This is the only update that I can divulge at the moment...
2015-08-19 18.00.33.jpg

Waiting on tires and then we will spend a bit of time at the track!

Until then, we have been busy playing with this....
2015-08-22 04.13.42.jpg

Well the time has come... I have waited and waited and Weld finally came through with the new set of wheels for my 2015. These are Weld S77B RTS wheels, 18x5 or the front and 17x10 for the rear. The front is sporting a hysterically small 18" skinny tire and the back has 295 Mickey Thompson Drag radials. I can say that they work extremely well as compared to the 20" street tires, wide open full throttle from a dead stop and the car hooks on any back road around! A trip to the track will be happening shortly and I'll post the data after we do so.
As for now, a picture is worth 1,000 words
2015-09-18 17.54.38_resized.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Very nice bro!! Looks like those rear wheels just clear the rotor and caliper. What are your predictions for your 2015 in the 1/4?
Thanks!!!
The rear wheels clear with about a 1/4" or so to the lower control arm. The brakes have a good bit of clearance actually front and back.
As far as 1/4 mile times, If the car goes 10.x anything I'll be very happy. I have a host of upgrades to make over the winter to get the car solidly in the 9's, then I'll quit and street drive it. Lol

Since you've done the blower, suspension, and drivetrain, have you ran into any issues? What kind of quirks have you noticed with any of the new parts? or is it painless and turn key?
I haven't had a single issue with any of the parts that I've installed, everything has work well and fit as it was supposed to. The car has taken to the modifications well too, the car is just as drivable now as it was when I left the dealer lot just with a lot more horse power. There is one quirk that I have ran into that is hardly a bid deal. After installing the aluminum driveshaft and delrin third member bushings I have a very faint whine coming from the rear end under light acceleration. Hard acceleration or coast is not an issue, it's faint enough that with a window down or the radio on low you can't even hear it. I am attributing this to the solid mounts and harmonics from the driveshaft and like I said, it's hardly a big deal. My curiosity will likely have me pulling the third member out this winter to go through it and check the factory tolerances as I am more particular than the guy standing for hours on end in the factory when it comes to gear setup.
If I had to pick my favorite mod, it would be the blower just for sheer fun factor. The suspension was also a worthwhile upgrade, not saying it was bad stock but it is just that much better. The car turns or rails and will surly out handle some of the Porsche's that I've driven in the past. My business partner has a 911 that can't even try to keep up with my Mustang on the road course :eek::banana:

@RaggedGT
1966 Galaxie 500 352FE 72,000 Origional Miles
I am the third owner of the car with the second owner purchasing the car in 1972. The car has been garage kept since 1972 and is completely original with the exception of the paint (4 years ago) and brakes/tires. There is zero rust on the car and zero body repairs have ever been made. The interior is in astonishing condition and the car runs and drives flawlessly, the previous owner meticulously maintained the car and gave me a book of service records. It's an awesome cruiser and the one car I own that I don't have the heart to modify! I've looked high and low for this car as I've wanted a 65 or 66 since I was in highschool. This was a local craigslist find about 2 years ago and I feel like I stole the car. The owner was moving to Florida and selling his house, this 66 as well as his 63 Galaxie he bought new.
IMG_20140911_165523034_HDR.jpg

IMG_20140911_165403936_HDR.jpg

IMG_20140808_164907824.jpg

IMG_20140808_164822204.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
@RaggedGT
1966 Galaxie 500 352FE 72,000 Origional Miles
I am the third owner of the car with the second owner purchasing the car in 1972. The car has been garage kept since 1972 and is completely original with the exception of the paint (4 years ago) and brakes/tires. There is zero rust on the car and zero body repairs have ever been made. The interior is in astonishing condition and the car runs and drives flawlessly, the previous owner meticulously maintained the car and gave me a book of service records. It's an awesome cruiser and the one car I own that I don't have the heart to modify! I've looked high and low for this car as I've wanted a 65 or 66 since I was in highschool. This was a local craigslist find about 2 years ago and I feel like I stole the car. The owner was moving to Florida and selling his house, this 66 as well as his 63 Galaxie he bought new.
IMG_20140911_165523034_HDR.jpg

IMG_20140911_165403936_HDR.jpg

IMG_20140808_164907824.jpg

IMG_20140808_164822204.jpg
That is a Gorgeous car, I really dig that it's pretty much factory original . Thanks for sharing lol

Reactions: 1 user