Progress Thread Project 2015 Gt: Waiting For New Go Fast Parts

Looks awesome!

Your thread says road course. I don't know a bunch about the handling of the new model, but with that much power are you planning suspension mods?

My guess is mods will make it better if that is your goal. Do mods even exist yet? MM was my friend LOL
The plan is to run the car both at the drag strip and on the road course. ( I actually update the title of the thread as any portion of the thread changes direction ) While there aren't a lot of suspension mods currently available, I can assure you that they are coming and as these parts become available i'll be testing them! These cars handle the road course very well and all of the new found power was right at home there, the car stayed planted and felt very well balanced. The drag strip will be next and I have half shafts and a drive shaft going in before that happens.

• Sponsors (?)

Currently on display at the Philadelphia Auto Show with the Dub Road Show and Designer Wraps. Great time so far and looking forward to more events like this in the future!!
Don't worry, it's not just a show car, haha. I have axles and driveshaft install coming up after the show!
IMG_20150129_130357428.jpg

IMG_20150129_130420436.jpg

IMG_20150129_130431135.jpg

And a gold chrome Lambo... who doesn't like a Lambo???
IMG_20150129_130530645.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
The Keystone Big Show was in Washington DC this past weekend and I was honored that Magnaflow had asked to use my car in their display booth. Other than the horrible weather (salt, snow and ice) it was a great trip and a great show. It was nice to get some highway time on the car and about 300 miles of cruising!
IMG_20150220_141931.jpg
IMG_20150221_152921927.jpg
IMG_20150221_091342835_HDR.jpg
IMG_20150220_153718.jpg

I'm trying to work out some details for the New York Auto Show in April (DUB Show Tour) and not sure of too much else beyond that. Magnaflow had asked me to attend the American Muscle Show in September with them and I'll be sure to make that happen. Mustang Week may or may not happen as it all revolves around the racing schedule for my other car

I'm shocked that what I'm seeing is a vinyl wrap! They've come a long way with that technology! Along the same lines as DocG asked, are you running all the stock components without the Performance Package from the factory? I like that you felt it handled and braked well, even with the gobs of power you're making. I'm very impressed by what you've done with your car already. Kudos! And your really nice vinyl wrap has me a little less worried about which color to pick for my '15!

Reactions: 1 user
I'm shocked that what I'm seeing is a vinyl wrap! They've come a long way with that technology! Along the same lines as DocG asked, are you running all the stock components without the Performance Package from the factory? I like that you felt it handled and braked well, even with the gobs of power you're making. I'm very impressed by what you've done with your car already. Kudos! And your really nice vinyl wrap has me a little less worried about which color to pick for my '15!
As far as factory components, at this point the suspension and brakes are untouched. I have drive shaft, axles and springs waiting to be installed but I really feel that the car is equipped very well from the factory. I have no plans on upgrading the factory 4 piston fronts but have been talking to Watson Racing about changing a few parts in the rear to upgrade those brakes ( not that the factory brakes are deficient, more so for better wheel fitment options at the track.

I hear Fords fluid is good to 500 deg dry boiling. With your 4 piston brakes you may want to upgrade to Motul RBF600 which has 596 deg. I have the pp 6 piston brakes and am wondering if they will be ok with the stock fluid since they should put less stress on the fluid.
I'm not an expert. Just a dude with a car that wants to go fast all day and still be able to stop.

I hear Fords fluid is good to 500 deg dry boiling. With your 4 piston brakes you may want to upgrade to Motul RBF600 which has 596 deg. I have the pp 6 piston brakes and am wondering if they will be ok with the stock fluid since they should put less stress on the fluid.
I'm not an expert. Just a dude with a car that wants to go fast all day and still be able to stop.
They use the same ford spec brake fluid in the Boss 302 and Laguna Seca. This leads me to think that there will not be any issue with brake fluid at all. Time will be then judge I gueess. I have one road course outing with the car so far and zero issues and another session scheduled to later this month. I'll be sure to post how that all goes

I've really been enjoying the car lately, just driving the crap out of it. I have plenty of parts waiting to go on the car just don't have the time to do it, most of my time has been consumed by my 84' trying to get ready for this years race season.
IMG_20150409_180031862.jpg
IMG_20150404_150937368.jpg

I'll be taking the 15' to NMRA MIR next weekend to show in the Vortech vendor booth on the Midway, I would like to race it but I am still waiting on wheels to do so. I know that the 20" street tires will be a waste of time to try and make any passes. In other good news I did receive our sweet new Vortech tent the other day and am really looking forward to the BBQ that we put on while at the track!
IMG_20150422_110420288.jpg

What size rims are you considering? Have you considered Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2's or Nitto NT01's?
The car currently has 20x10 Niche wheels and MickeyThompson SportComp tires which have worked excellent on the road course.
Billet Specialties is going to build me a set of 17" Black Streetlite ish wheels for the track that will match my 84'. My last conversation with them, they were working on building a new wheel barrel for the rear that will afford enough clearance on the 2015 back brakes. The wheels will ultimately be wrapped in MickeyThompson rubber, for me there is no other choice ;). From what I understand the wheel barrel will have to work on the mustang,camaro,challanger in order to warrant building the tooling for the new barrels. This has created an engineering nightmare on their part and explains why it has taken a few months to get it all together.