Progress Thread Project 2015 Gt: Waiting For New Go Fast Parts

• Sponsors (?)

What's the deal with the red one that made 9xx and only 6xx ftlbs of tq seemed low . I think Vortech posted . either way this is still my fave
Thanks buddy! The other '15 you're talking about has some seriously extensive mods and 116 octane race fuel. I'm not working on their same fast pace, lol but we will get there in time. The pulley change should pick up almost 100hp as far as I can see it.

Reactions: 1 users
Would it not have been easier to just order the car in green? Either way this thing looks killer! It really makes the car POP!
The Guard green that the car is was the only factory green option, I really wanted the gotta have it green but it was discontinued.. I can't lie, I wanted it to match the other car too lol

The wheel hop is non existing! Sticky tires will soon tell the tale though.
And thanks! 18" wheels for now. 20" wheels are coming

Still no wheel hop after installing the 20s?

I wonder why AM got wheel hop with their 19s?

However, the IRS does come with one major downside and that’s wheel-hop. As you may have seen in our 2015 Mustang burnout video or during our track time with the 2015 GT, wheel hop is still a major issue, much as it was with the 2003-2004 Cobra. If you’re a straight-line kinda guy or gal, you’ll want to upgrade your drivetrain to help deal with wheel-hop issues at it will be you 60-ft time’s biggest enemy.

I wonder if American Muscle's review is propaganda to get enthusiasts to upgrade their IRS components.

What say you, @84Ttop?

Designer Wraps in Millville NJ hooked me up on this killer vinyl wrap to match my 84' The pictures don't do it justice! I'll post some more as I have to time to take better pictures. Odometer reads 354 miles at this point for what it's worth, lol. If anyone is interested you can follow me on instagram @nick438w
DSC_0837_phixr.jpg
I love it, 84Ttop!

Deysha

Reactions: 1 user
Still no wheel hop after installing the 20s?

I wonder why AM got wheel hop with their 19s?

I wonder if American Muscle's review is propaganda to get enthusiasts to upgrade their IRS components.

What say you, @84Ttop?
I have not even had a single bit of wheel hop...not even for a nanosecond... 18's, 20's, made no difference. I don't know what else to say there

That's awesome to hear. I think AM might be describing their grip issues erroneously as wheel hop.

How does vinyl work for exterior? Will you eventually have it painted to match your 84?
Fun fact for the day... The 84' is wearing the same vinyl as the '15 ;)

It actually lets you protect the paint. If/when I peel the car years from now the factory paint will be as it was when it was brand new