Progress Thread Project 2015 Gt: Waiting For New Go Fast Parts

So I'm just going to whore these pictures out a bit... I have no shame.
I haven't had a damn bit of time to do any work to the car, life just gets in the way some times.... So i'll just have to deal with driving it how it is :)
FB_IMG_1432157336344.jpg
FB_IMG_1432168785736.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I'm sorry if I missed it 84Ttop, what wheels and tires are you running? I'm already thinking about my next set of tires for next year. If I keep the stock PP wheels I might go with BFGoodrich G-Force Rival (Same tires from Camaro 1LE package) 285 in rear 265 front.

I'm sorry if I missed it 84Ttop, what wheels and tires are you running? I'm already thinking about my next set of tires for next year. If I keep the stock PP wheels I might go with BFGoodrich G-Force Rival (Same tires from Camaro 1LE package) 285 in rear 265 front.
Wheels are Niche Vicenza 20x10 on all four corners, Tires are Mickey Thompson 275/35/20

I finally got around to fabbing the new polished aluminum blower inlet this weekend.. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, just need to decide if it will stay polished or if it will be powder coated?
IMG_20150605_152831.jpg

Damn that is nice! I bet there will be others with their thoughts, but if it were mine, (oh God if only it were mine, lol) I think I would powder coat it to match my valve covers. Or whatever they're called these days.

BTW, I have the V6 model and will, in time, add a power adder. Any preferences between a Turbo vs. Supercharger? Any advantages to one or the other particularly on a V6 through the MT82 and 3.15 diff? Those won't change, not building a track car but want the ability at some point to really "play" when I want with my daily driver.

Last edited:
Well it is finally time to make some changes to the suspension of the car. I've rocked the stock suspension for 1,700 miles now and enough is enough...
What's being upgraded?
Steeda Sport Springs
New Sway Bars front and rear
Billet Sway Bar mounts
UPR Adjustable toe links
UPR Drive shaft loop
Viking Rear Double Adjustable Shocks
Steeda Vertical Links
Polyurethane Differential Bushings
Rear subframe locators and aluminum bushing supports
Rear subframe connectors
DSS 1400 HP axles
DSS Aluminum 1 piece drive shaft

The front, this was easy.. Straight forward easy install with a minimal amount of tools and know how. The spring compressor is a little fun to work with but otherwise no problems. The sway bar required a bit of patience to fish out of the car and to fish the new one back in place but so far so good.
2015-06-13 12.32.22.jpg

2015-06-13 12.47.20.jpg
2015-06-13 13.49.36.jpg

Obviously the factory parts are black and the new Steeda parts are blue

The rear suspension was a little more involved but didn't require anything more than basic tools and patience. The axles required a bit or work but again were very straight forward, the only issue I had there was needing a 1 7/16" socket to tighten the axle nuts.. somehow I had one rolling around the back of my work truck:shrug:. The one thing I can say for sure is the quality of the UPR toe links really shows! These things are very well made and beautifully finished, not to mention they fit great. I can say the same about the Viking shocks, almost too pretty to bolt into the car. All said and done I'm really happy with the way the suspension turned out and am looking forward to getting out on the track!
IMG_20150628_113345549.jpg

IMG_20150627_141431085.jpg

IMG_20150627_141405956.jpg

upload_2015-6-29_12-0-14.png

While there isn't a huge difference to the stance of the car, it was lowered 7/8" on all corners. I'm expecting it to settle slightly in the next week or two. After that happens I'll have the alignment gone over and should be ready to hit the track! The car handles on rails as compared to before and the suspension upgrades are already proving to be worth the effort and expense!

Reactions: 1 users
84, I've been meaning to ask you if that supercharger makes your car run hotter. I spoke to a guy that had a supercharged mustang and said it ran hot. I'm not sure if maybe he had a roots type blower. I would think that could do it, but with your centrifugal blower, I would think it wouldn't.

84, I've been meaning to ask you if that supercharger makes your car run hotter. I spoke to a guy that had a supercharged mustang and said it ran hot. I'm not sure if maybe he had a roots type blower. I would think that could do it, but with your centrifugal blower, I would think it wouldn't.
Honestly, I installed the blower so soon that I have nothing to compare it to. The cylinder head temps seem to stay between 205 and 210 once the car is up to operating temp. It doesn't seem to climb much at all even sitting in traffic or beating it. The iat's usually have a 6 or 7 degree split above ambient even when the weather is 80+ degrees outside. In the winter I saw iat's with a 2-3 degree split. I don't know if that is due to the 1,000hp capable intercooler of if the core is just that efficient. This is while the car is moving obviously, while sitting in traffic any a2a cooler will build heat but it isn't ever anything to cause concern. for that matter a n/a car will have higher iat's sitting in traffic as well