Progress Thread Project 2015 Gt: Waiting For New Go Fast Parts

Well we had the car back on the dyno to finish up the tuning. Found a little more hp... 667rwhp and still climbing at 7550rpm
Collage 2016-02-03 19_06_03.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

@84Ttop is that your bypass valve fluttering?
Sure is, that fluttering you hear is compressor surge. While it's not that bad, it will get some attention when the front of the motor comes apart for oil pump gears and a pulley. Remember that the "kit" I have was prototype and the JT isn't exactly the standard blower. Never really crossed my mind to have a larger bypass until we started spinning the motor over 7000 rpm

I hope I don't run into this issue when I turn up the boost. I do have the Race valve though
I have the race valve as well and to be honest it's the RPM that is more of the issue as far as I can tell. Haven't quite decided what my next move is though, have been dealing with getting my 84' ready to get to the track

I think my next move with be the replacement oil pump from the cobra jet then a smaller pulley to add some BOOOOOOOST. Oh and I'll have to add a clutch somewhere because mine is not enjoying being abused.

Reactions: 1 users
Had some nice weather yesterday and cleaned the car up for a spin around the block. Ok... the block is about 30 miles around lol. It's interesting to notice the difference in the car since it has been re tuned and we have made a few changes to the IMRC plate functions. Needless to say, I'm a rather seasoned driver and usually don't do anything stupid. With that said, you can imagine that I wanted to see the extra 30 rwhp we unlocked in the tune for myself... That was dumb. From a third gear roll I went wide open for a short period up to 7500 where the car shifted and promptly blew the tires off going into 4th gear. That was bad, the car got really loose and I lifted. Like I said this was dumb... The drag radials will have to be a full time thing on this car I guess, 20" drag radials will be on order later today. In turning around to go back home there were 300' or so long haze marks from where it got out of hand. Lucky is what I will call it and I think i'll stop tearing the streets up in "Mexico" for a while lol. Now the only thing left to do is make more horsepower? :shrug::nice::p
Picture from the drive:
2016-02-28 20.21.52.jpg

Reactions: 2 users