Progress Thread Project 2015 Gt: Waiting For New Go Fast Parts

• Sponsors (?)

Question, Is the oil pump the weak link then at 7000+ rpm? Any other worries With the right tune?
I talked to a guy at a reputable shop. His opinion on the gears is they are fine as long as the oil pump doesn't cavitate, or suck air. He said that causes the gears to shudder which he believes causes the breakage. He's got a boosted road course car and THRASHES it without issue. He has replaced the oil pan with a better higher volume one.

So the 2015 is finally done and waiting to be tuned with the 3.15 blower pulley and long tube headers. I even drove it down the driveway last night! Part of the reason it has taken so long is most of my time recently has been spent working on this hoagie:
2016-09-06 16.39.08.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
What an awesome run! I'm hoping to break into the tens in a couple of months. Hoping stock suspension will do it. Making about 600 wheel drag star wheel setup axles clutch driveshaft shifter. 125-127 mph trap. I think I can just dip into the 10.90s :::fingers crossed:::

Reactions: 1 user
@84Ttop where ya been man? Working on the fox or just busy in general?
Busy in about a gazillion ways! Shop, work, life, kid, wife... you know the deal! It's hard to keep up with everything that I used to. FWIW, I did have a blast driving around in a buddies boat yesterday that had a 351W and a GT40 top end lol

That sounds awesome! We have a small 20' Regal 2000 ES Ski Boat with a Volvo Engine lol it's a lot of fun hoping to take it out next weekend.

Reactions: 1 user
Last time for this look... Car is getting a new wrap later this afternoon! It will still be green but other than that I have no idea what they are planning
2017-06-24 15.20.02-1.jpg

Reactions: 1 users