Progress Thread Project Copper Can

I have this sheet of corrugated plastic we get off of a/c units when they get shipped out which makes it a little bit easier on my back but jacking it up is gonna be the fun part for sure

• Sponsors (?)

Update....

Went to my transmission guy, never again will I buy from TCI AUTO. Spent 2K on my trans for them to send me a stock internal trans with a transbrake and hardened input shaft. Long story short, I welded a couple of high gear clutch discs, 2nd gear band is completely gone, the bearings on the planetary gears are wearing into themselves. The guy I took it to is amazed they only used 4 clutches in the high and low gear. Also he is upgrading all of that stuff and getting me back on the road for 1000 bucks. Build a race car it'll be fun they said lol. I forgot to take pictures of it while I was there but the carnage was real on the part. Seriously thinking going th400 now

Reactions: 1 users
Spend some money do a Freddy brown aod . Full manual vb with OD and be done

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Ouch. Buy some of those workout mats from Amazon. Pretty cheap, and feels better. I have a 6x4 section I use when I lay on the ground

d51305efa48f8c0d43cf9b8f63029692.jpg

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users
Glad you're back up and running. It sucks when stuff breaks.

I had to put a trans in a mini bus....on my back. That's when I learned that ratchet straps across the frame rails....or sub frame connectors....will lift a trans up. They'll let it down, too...slowly with good technique. [emoji106]

Reactions: 1 user
Bad ass I didn't think of that I had a buddy jack up the trans while I balanced it and he put the crossmember in and we just slid it forward only took 2hrs to get everything done and back on the road

Reactions: 1 users
Jeff yeah I ran it Friday and made a huge embarrassment of myself and spilled fluid down the track .... Split one of the trans cooler lines. I have a remote cooler and some AN lines coming in now. Received a new name for the car .. Mosquito killer. :eek:
image.png

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    235.9 KB · Views: 125
Reactions: 1 user