Project Questions..

Oh ok..here goes.. I have a 1979 Mustang Pace Car with non-original 2.3L minus the turbo and with over 140,000 on the motor...73,000 on the body. I am in the process of restoring this car and i would like to know what some people think of this car getting a 460 or a 514 and to top that off i was think what it might be like to then add the turbo part back to its name plate with something along the lines of twin turbos...I want to know what you guys think horsepower and torque would be and how streetable... :nice: i have been really contemplating this one for a while and would really like to know what other people think about this..please tell me your thoughts

• Sponsors (?)

I don't think your in the right forum; check 2.3 n.a. and power adders or several others in the main forum section.
But, since your here... the car would handle like a dog with all of that weight up front on an already nose heavy car. Second, that combo would have so much power it would be near impossible to drive on the street or keep gas in. Third, I hope you are very rich if you do tackle this project! Let us know.

Ok that makes some sense but here is my alternative plan which was really my first plan. I was planning on just putting in a mild 460 within the range of 5-600 horse power and now poweradders. I was thinking about Ford Racing Crate Motor and Super Cobra Jet Heads. I have a neighbor just down the road from me who has about the same car only its a 514 with blue thunder heads and intake and many many other mods and it runs in the 9's its awesome.. his only problem is traction.. but here again tell me what you guys think and i am open to more suggestions thanks...

I have seen 460 Fox bodies on the street be very driveable. I think it would be a cool mod. They make mount and header kits, I think. You will probably get more response in a Fox forum.

That would be a wicked combo. You have the advantage of a million parts for the Fox chassis for weight reduction, chassis strength, suspension, etc... I don't know where you live but ask about the legality of the swap for inspection and/or smog tests. Here in NC, that there is now way it could pass even a visual inspection....legally. :D

Seriously, this is the Classic forum, which caters to 64-73 Mustangs. You would get a better response in the Fox section of this site. We just don't have much experience with these cars.