Proud ownder of an 03 Silver Cobra

Cobraman281

Dec 26, 2003
Hello everyone! I've been reading this forum for about a month now and I finally decided to register! I got my 03 Silver Cobra in November and man I LOVE this car! On Christmas eve, I got the car dyno'd finally with 1500 miles on her. The results are very interesting. The only "mod" I have done is removed the air silencer, but everything else is stock. The first pull made 358HP, 351TQ. The second Pull made 368.1HP and 355TQ. The third pull, the engine started to come alive and pulled 378HP, 370TQ! I asked the guy who dyno'd my car why I gained 20HP in the 3 pulls and he said that I don't get on the throttle much, (which is true because I wanted to make sure everything was broken in properly, but I took her through the RRM band quite often, just not at WOT often). I should have went for more pulls on to see if I would break the 380 mark, couldn't because he had other cars to dyno =(. But it appears my car loves to be floored lol. Anyway, I am wondering if you guys think that is a feasible explaination as to why I gained so much power with just the Dyno pulls! Thanks and this is a great community to belong to. Merry Christmas and Happy new year everyone!

• Sponsors (?)

Congradulations on the new car. After your 2nd oil change at about 5000 mi, you will hit that 380 mark. The car gets better milage and stronger once it's broken in.

Keep the shiney side up :nice:

Here are the Dyno Results:

Attachments

• 03Cobra Dyno.jpg
    03Cobra Dyno.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 150