Question about auto shifter knob install

gruntman31

Founding Member
Apr 22, 2002
Colorado Springs, Co
I've got a black anodized shifter knob from UPR that I'm trying to put on. Problem is, I can't get my stock shifter knob off. I've got the little screw in the back out, but I can't get the knob to come off. I've tried turning it unscrew it, but it will not budge. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

• Sponsors (?)

gruntman31 said:
I've got a black anodized shifter knob from UPR that I'm trying to put on. Problem is, I can't get my stock shifter knob off. I've got the little screw in the back out, but I can't get the knob to come off. I've tried turning it unscrew it, but it will not budge. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

I got my shift knob in my hand and it has no screws in it. All i did to get it off was twist it. I took it off when i put the pro 5.0 on and my B&M shift knob with the nitrous button on top. Everything came off easy just the 4 screws in the body took forever. Took me a hour with crappy tools and 20 degrees in my friends garage. :nonono:

GoBabyVroommm said:
I got my shift knob in my hand and it has no screws in it. All i did to get it off was twist it. I took it off when i put the pro 5.0 on and my B&M shift knob with the nitrous button on top. Everything came off easy just the 4 screws in the body took forever. Took me a hour with crappy tools and 20 degrees in my friends garage. :nonono:

The title says auto shifter.

gruntman31:

Very gently twist clockwise and counter-clockwise while pulling up (again, gently). The reason for going easy is the OD switch wire does not have much slack and you don't want to rip it apart. There is a spring in the handle so be careful it doesn't fall out when you get the stocker off.

Enjoy the new handle!