Question for those with EZ-Pass

I live in New York and often drive on toll roads so i am planning on getting an EZ pass. However My car is a 2002 and has that little pony logo in the middle of the top of the windshield (where the tag would go), and also has a tint strip running across the top. Do either of these or a combination of both of them cause anyone problems using an EZ pass? I dont want to get hit with fines if the EZ Pass doesnt read or something like that. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

to all of those who are unaware, there are certain cars out there with some special metallic type of coating on their windshields that prevent the ez pass from being read. ez pass is aware of this and has a list on their website. those cars that are on the list need to be issued a special type of ezpass. i am not sure if this special one needs to be placed outside the car however as i didnt pursue it that far

its either a metallic film or a metallic strip surrounding the entire window, i cant remember which it is exactly

EDIT its neither but i was close:

ezpass.com said:
Special Vehicle Listing: Exterior Tags Required as of 5/04

The vehicles listed below are equipped with special windshields that contain metal in the glass(metal oxide) that prevents the E-ZPass tag from being read properly. Windshields with solar ray glass, solar tint, heated or heat reflective windshields, and insulated or Insta-Clear glass may also prevent the tag from being read properly. Customers with these windshields might need to obtain exterior tags. If you are unsure about whether your vehicle has one of the mentioned features, contact the dealer where you purchased your car. This vehicle list may change. If you have any questions regarding your vehicle, call the New Jersey E-ZPass Customer Service Center at 1-888-AUTO-TOLL
(1-888-288-6865).

Standard Equipment
Make Model Year
Buick Roadmaster All
Cadillac Catera 99-01
Chevrolet Lumina Van Prior to 2002
Venture Prior to 2002
Ford Crown Victoria* 1987-1994
Taurus* Prior to 1995
Oldsmobile Silhouette Prior to 2002
Pontiac Trans Sport Prior to 2002
Montana Prior to 2002