Build Thread Want To Blow 5 Years And $50k On A Foxbody? Step By Step Instructions Inside!

Yup. Its a black 1/8" thick foam with a sticky back. In total, I bought 30 sheets of CLA tiles and about 4 yards of ensolite foam. The package on his site for that amount is $239 plus shipping. I think shipping was around $30. The CLA tiles are quite heavy. I remember buying it when he has a 10% off sale, so I saved a few bucks. I did originally only buy 20 sheets of tiles, so I had to place another order for more. Should have enough left for the doors and hatch.

Oh, for those that are curious. The carpet is the aftermarket mass-back stuff. I bought it a few years back when I had the rollbar put in the car. It fits pretty well. Not as good as the stock carpet, but once the seats and center console are in, you really don't see much carpet in these cars. I have a beautiful OEM black carpet that looks brand new, but I couldn't bring myself to cut it up to fit it around the rollbar. I'm going to store it in the basement for a few years and sell it eventually.

• Sponsors (?)

I posted a video of the first startup a few pages back. It sounds like a dump truck though. I'm excited to hear it running the way it should be. I'll fire it up again once I get more of the interior done.

Speaking of interior, got a little more done today.

Got the mess of wiring under control for the most part. Enough for me to be able to get the dash in.
DSC_2911_zpsfc76b2b5.jpg

DSC_2912_zps69997598.jpg

DSC_2915_zps1745bace.jpg

DSC_2917_zps3439da05.jpg

DSC_2918_zpsc021f215.jpg

Here's the fuse panel pulled down from it's magnetic mount. Makes getting to the fuses SO much easier.
DSC_2920_zpsb6b017ef.jpg

The dash is in its final resting place.
DSC_2924_zps3d09ec2e.jpg

DSC_2923_zps26cb4d4c.jpg

I didn't bolt it up yet, but everything looks lined up fine. It was a tight fit with the bundle of wires running across the firewall. Next up is getting the gauge cluster in and then the center console so I can get the PLX gauges up and running before I start the engine again.

Reactions: 1 users
Test fit the gauge tonight. After cutting out the plastic behind the cluster area, they do fit...barely. The new Auto Meter gauge mounts stick out further than the older style, but the plate does sit flush against the dash. One little tab of the dash frame had to be cut out as well.
DSC_2927_zpsa6959cd9.jpg

Oh, for those that were curious about seats. Got a nice second hand deal on these puppies, so I couldn't pass them up.
DSC_2925_zps7baef995.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
OK, This is where I'm confused now. I thought that everything on your elec panel would live under your flip lid in back. Evidently, your RF panel has a separate hub then a remote fuse block, where my Express panel is all locked in one place then?

It's fine by me though. I'd much rather flip a seat forward, lift a hinged panel and deal w/ a blown fuse that way then get down on one knee, contort to find the under dash fuse panel, and try to deal w/ it in that manner.

Everything in the rear seat area is solely for the ECU. The large landing label back there is for all the engine wiring. The chassis wiring fuse panel is under the dash held up via giant magnets. I would have liked to put that behind the seat as well, but it would have made the wire runs too long. RF advises against putting the chassis fuse panel anywhere other than under the dash. It could cause voltage issues.

Reactions: 1 user
Test fit the gauge tonight. After cutting out the plastic behind the cluster area, they do fit...barely. The new Auto Meter gauge mounts stick out further than the older style, but the plate does sit flush against the dash. One little tab of the dash frame had to be cut out as well.
DSC_2927_zpsa6959cd9.jpg

Oh, for those that were curious about seats. Got a nice second hand deal on these puppies, so I couldn't pass them up.
DSC_2925_zps7baef995.jpg
Didn't I call recaros earlier? Must be psychic. ....

Looking good btw, you've probably mentioned it, but which gauge panel is that, mc?

So, the beast lives. I took advantage of the beautiful weather and gave starting this thing up another try. I fixed the ACT sensor issue and also adjusted the idle tables so they are no longer dumping fuel into the engine at idle. She fired right up and idled long enough for me to set the timing and fuel pressure. It's idling high, around 1500 rpm. The throttle blade and TPS just needs some adjustment. Got it up to temp and did 4-5 sweeps to 4000rpm with no popping or stumbling. The tip-in throttle needs some tuning though. I'm very happy that she is running relatively well. Oil pressure was around 80psi. Definitely still rich though, but nowhere near like before. I'll take another video tomorrow. The Magnaflows do sound awesome. The best part is when I shut the engine off, the turbo impeller keeps spinning for about another 20 seconds. Gotta love ball bearing turbos! Thank you @Rick 91GT. You built a fine engine. I'll be cutting the oil filter open to see what kind of goodies may be inside when I change the oil again, along with pulling a plug or two to see how they look.

Reactions: 5 users