Build Thread Want To Blow 5 Years And $50k On A Foxbody? Step By Step Instructions Inside!

I had to sign a clause saying that the car would not be covered between the two walls of the track. It is covered on the way there and back and even in the trailer if something were to happen. It was hard to argue with that. I'm more concerned about it being stolen or the liability that comes with driving it on the street. If it gets wrecked at the track.... it wouldn't be the first time, lol!

Reactions: 3 users
  • Sponsors (?)

I did an online quote with Grundy Worldwide about 6 months ago. I think valued mine at $13,000 and they quoted me like $243 or something around that. I don't remember where I put the paper so I'm going off of memory. My dad had all his toys insured with them so that's who I'll probably go with.

Scott, I spent the last two hours going through this build and all I can say is

INCREDIBLE

Your attention to detail and craftsmanship are second to none. Absolutely one of the best builds ever.

Hope to see it running soon.

Reactions: 1 user
Yesterday was suspension day. I wanted to get this thing all aligned and ready to roll down the road. All I have to say is that adjusting bumpsteer sucks! It takes quite a while, and with the IRS, I have to do it on all 4 corners. After a while of messing around with spacers, I got the rear where it needed to be. Almost zero toe movement with 2" of bump, and less than .030" with 2" of droop. Both sides amazingly needed the same combination of spacers. I also got the camber adjusted. I gave it just under 1 degree of negative camber on each side. I checked the toe and got about 1/16" of toe in. Good enough for me. I will be eventually getting the car professionally aligned to confirm all the numbers.

Next came time to get the front toe adjusted. I used the string method to get it close, taking into account the 1/16" of toe at the rear.
DSC_3032_zps35991d06.jpg

This is where I ran into a real head scratcher. Here is the driver side string against the front tire. Looks fine.
DSC_3035_zps5ad65410.jpg

But here is the passenger side. The string is over an inch away from the tire.
DSC_3034_zps24b96fc2.jpg

I expected both tires to be the same distance from the string. It doesn't make sense that the front of the car would track 1" to the driver side. I first thought that my wheels might be the culprit. I swapped the wheels and nothing changed. Then I started measuring the a-arms. They are both the same length. Next I measured the distance from the rotor to the k-member mount. Both those values were the same. I have no signs that anything is misaligned up front. When I put a straight edge horizontally across the front tires, there is a definite difference when I compare the distance of the straight edge to the edge of the door. The driver side is further away. That eliminates the string as not being setup properly.

The strange thing is that when I mock up the fenders on the car, there doesn't seem to be a noticeable difference in the clearance to the edge of the fender. Both tires seem to look the same compared to the fender. A difference of an inch would be incredibly easy to see. Am I missing something here or is that just how these cars are and I'm experiencing some kind of illusion?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Yesterday was suspension day. I wanted to get this thing all aligned and ready to roll down the road. All I have to say is that adjusting bumpsteer sucks! It takes quite a while, and with the IRS, I have to do it on all 4 corners. After a while of messing around with spacers, I got the rear where it needed to be. Almost zero toe movement with 2" of bump, and less than .030" with 2" of droop. Both sides amazingly needed the same combination of spacers. I also got the camber adjusted. I gave it just under 1 degree of negative camber on each side. I checked the toe and got about 1/16" of toe in. Good enough for me. I will be eventually getting the car professionally aligned to confirm all the numbers.

This Sir, is because the dude that built the damned thing is off the rails OCD. :)

Reactions: 1 users