Radio Problem

Mattstang04

15 Year Member
Sep 15, 2006
St. Louis, MO
Anybody else had a problem with the radio and media buttons not working. I turned the car on last night, the black screen and clock were shown in the center console monitor. The radio would not turn on, the cd/ phone/ radio/ media buttons wouldn't do anything. The power button would not turn on the radio. After I got home, i let the car sit for about a half hour. When I went back outside, the radio was working like nothing was ever wrong. Let me know if anyone else has experienced this or has any fixes to speak of.

• Sponsors (?)

I had an issue with my stereo when my portable hard drive died on me. I had it selected as the source when it stb and my entire system froze up. I had to restart the vehicle and the system rebooted. I haven't had any problems since I put a new drive in.

I have an ipod in my center console usb(media 2 outlet), and when I start the car, and it was the last thing I was playing, my radio will display the ipod song, but the music coming from the speakers is the radio. It's done this on day 1 and day 2 of ownership for me now.

I had an issue with my stereo when my portable hard drive died on me. I had it selected as the source when it stb and my entire system froze up. I had to restart the vehicle and the system rebooted. I haven't had any problems since I put a new drive in.
When you say froze up, did they display have anything on it or did the entire thing just freeze and have nothing but a blank screen as if it had no power? My 17' just completely stopped working recently...no power,no time or date like others have had on this forum, completely nothing. The usbs dont even charge my phone... I have checked all fuses and all are good.. its like its not sensing ignition some how ..its driving me nuts as I dont have the time to take it to a dealer and do this type of work everyday as a certified 12 volt tech.. any ideas or help would be appreciated greatly!