Rear Bumper Removal

ive never had any luck with the old geezers. And to think i could come here and make mustang bros but nope.

damn kids these days

Attachments

• dontbrome.jpg
    dontbrome.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 99
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

forzalife said:
THANK YOU for your contribution
I like to think about a couple of things when removing weight. 1. Where is it in relation to where I need the weight? 2. Is the weighted part doing enough to be worth keeping it? I think we covered #2 (and spread enough #2 to feed plenty of trolls tacos for a long time!)

So does that rear piece of steel put weight in a good place? For drag racing, it is not just about the total weight, but weight transfer for traction. The rear bumper is not exactly over the rear wheels, but it is close enough to help traction too. Tubular front suspension, k member, front fascia support, moving the battery correctly, and fiber front bodywork are more expensive and probably more effective weight reduction transfer efforts. The thumpin' sub might help traction off the line but not acceleration. I have to have a stereo, so for now I have the best speakers I can afford in the stock locations. If you run Flowmasters and no cats, that may not be enough stereo. Then a stereo delete might became good idea.

I like to think about a couple of things when removing weight. 1. Where is it in relation to where I need the weight? 2. Is the weighted part doing enough to be worth keeping it? I think we covered #2 (and spread enough #2 to feed plenty of trolls tacos for a long time!)

So does that rear piece of steel put weight in a good place? For drag racing, it is not just about the total weight, but weight transfer for traction. The rear bumper is not exactly over the rear wheels, but it is close enough to help traction too. Tubular front suspension, k member, front fascia support, moving the battery correctly, and fiber front bodywork are more expensive and probably more effective weight reduction transfer efforts. The thumpin' sub might help traction off the line but not acceleration. I have to have a stereo, so for now I have the best speakers I can afford in the stock locations. If you run Flowmasters and no cats, that may not be enough stereo. Then a stereo delete might became good idea.
the scaling of a car is more important then how it transfers. if we drop below anything around 50% on the nose is worthless for us... needs to be north of 53. the nitrous car honestly needs to be near 60%
but what do i know. im an old geezer

the scaling of astock is more important then how it transfers. if we drop below anything around 50% on the nose is worthless for us... needs to be north of 53. the nitrous car honestly needs to be near 60%
but what do i know. im an old geezer

So how close is the stock front/rear weight ratio to 50/50 on a stock stang? He should have some wiggle room, right? If you are hardcore, there is always the spray on sound deadener and carpet insulation to remove.

Back before sticky tires, a wheelie was good. (Dinosaur days) Now too much front end lift is wasted energy.
yup... keep that front end strapped down and let her eat!
So how close is the stock front/rear weight ratio to 50/50 on a stock stang? He should have some wiggle room, right? If you are hardcore, there is always the spray on sound deadener and carpet insulation to remove.

not sure ive never scaled a stock foxbody. hell ive never scaled mine.

Agreed, just not at my expense lol. You guys have a turbo car to fix don't you? ;)
turbo car AND the nitrous car actually....

Exact same happened in modded mustangs forum idk why the forum people cant stand me but on fb its all good

Facebook is full of idiots just wanting to BS and take selfies.

I'm 38 and have a wife and 3 kids. As a person that loves muscle cars I've hung out with the crowds that show off their rides at cruises and meet ups. Some of these old geezers are super nice and will talk to you and answer questions from a noobie that aspires to have something as nice as they have. Then there's the a-holes that shine you on, give one word answers and turn back around.

There's also (in my opinion) the guy who took 10 years, on a budget, to build his own car (while working full time, raising kids, etc) and knows every nut and bolt and spec about his car. Then there's the guy that pays to have everything done to his car and won't even change the oil.

On stangnet, we are typically the budget guy that takes great pride in our vehicles and turn just about every nut and bolt we can. We take great pride in helping those that want advice, have a tech problem or need to ID a part. There are some very smart people here and as well other sites.

Considering that your not making any friends at modded mustangs and now your throwing gas on a fire here it's safe to say your problem is not the old geezers, it's YOU.

I remember one time when my friend came over my Dads house with his new (to him) 37 chevy 3 window coupe. It was beautiful!! We were admiring it and I saw a paint run on the side. I pointed it out :doh:. My Dad calmly took me inside the house and then proceeded to school me in respect and etiquette. I'll never do that again. This is a message to you @forzalife

Reactions: 1 users
My how fast that got out of hand!!!! I just got a chance to read through the whole thread! Relax young blood, we're all here to help. No need to get butt hurt over a couple of pokes. Brush all the sand outta yer cl1t and lets start over!

I remember one time when my friend came over my Dads house with his new (to him) 37 chevy 3 window coupe. It was beautiful!! We were admiring it and I saw a paint run on the side. I pointed it out :doh:. My Dad calmly took me inside the house and then proceeded to school me in respect and etiquette. I'll never do that again. This is a message to you @forzalife

did you inform him the motor was backwards also???