Rear Seat Delete Question.

Any got experience with the rear seat delete kits from American Muscle? I just ordered a new rear end and a zex wet kit, but im wanting to mount the bottle on the rear seat delete kit so I can keep my sub in the trunk which fills the whole thing. Is that rear seat delete kit strong enough to hold the 10lb bottle?

• Sponsors (?)

I have the MMR kit and no, its not strong enough to hold a nitrous bottle. You could mount the bottle on the floor pan, cut the RSD to fit around it and put a gym bag over top of the bottle to hide it......Never seen that before ;).

Looking at the AM/MMR rear seat delete, it looks flimsy as hell!!!!!!

How about using a piece of plywood instead of the cheap lightweight material provided in the kit?

Its actually turning out to be a pain in the butt :( I kind of need the rear seat delete kit but even then I need some sort of bracing and different material I would think. Atm looking at mounting it in the floorboard now beings I'm a towering 5'7" I still got plenty of space to put it just questioning drilling holes in the floor :p. Thanks for the input as well trombonedemon I've got the safety stuff needed I believe for throwing it in the cab, I'd gladly put it in the trunk but the subbox says otherwise.

Reactions: 1 user
Maybe I'm being a bit paranoid, maybe I'm getting old (33), but I don't want a N02 bottle inside the cabin of the vehicle with me, period. It's just not a great idea. If a subwoofer box is more important than your well being then luck be with you friend. I've seen those go boom too, not pretty.

Eh to each their own, I'm soon to be 31 myself do I like the thoughts of it being in the cab with me not really, but I love my music and the quality of it so ditching the sub is a no go :p. And no I don't need the rear seat delete kit its a matter of preference to keep either the Driver seat or the passenger seat fully functional, it is a squeeze when pushed all the way back and the bottle sitting in the floor. I do let taller people drive my car *dad* since he doesn't have a toy of his own so the least I can do is have some consideration.