Drivetrain Recommended Gear Ratio Please Help

Mark Hunter

Jan 3, 2017
Had a small accident with my 2008 Mustang Saleen and bent the 8.8 rear axle. I have been waiting for 2 months for a replacement however Ford has them on backorder indefinitely so im going to swap to a 9" rear end from strange engineering. My question is gear ratio recommendation, currently my car has 3.31:1 and I was thinking to switch out to 3.71:1
my 4.6 is supercharged and running a tune from Brenspeed
Any thoughts or recommendations?

• Sponsors (?)

Could a used 8.8 not be found? Or a chassis shop true it back to specs and replace what's necessary?

If a diff upgrade and gear swap are the set in stone plan,I'd consider calling your tuner and talk it over with them about your best options with the setup you have and what you want out of it.

Could a used 8.8 not be found? Or a chassis shop true it back to specs and replace what's necessary?

If a diff upgrade and gear swap are the set in stone plan,I'd consider calling your tuner and talk it over with them about your best options with the setup you have and what you want out of it.
Thanks for the response, it was considered past repair. I'll reach out to my tuner that's a great suggestion
Thank you

Reactions: 1 user