Replace my magnaflows!!

Skud

Sep 10, 2003
Saskatchewan
Ok, so I'm thinking about replacing my current magnaflows because:

1) They have gotten much, MUCH louder and they are starting to drone pretty badly.
2) I'm starting to attract "too much" of the negative attention. (read: cops)

So, I'm looking at replacing them with something else, mostly for the noise factor and to switch things up a little.. I'm kinda sad because I really really like my magnaflows and they sound awesome accelerating and revving, but cruise has gotten to be a constant, relentless drone..

I would just buy another set of Magnaflows, but the set I have now changed so much. When I first got them they were fairly quiet, but they had a "whine" to them after 3,500rpm to redline. Then, after 10,000 miles or so they matured a lot and changed to a really deep "bump bump" and sounded fantastic for the next 20,000 miles. Now, with 30,000 miles on them they drone way too much..

Here is what I have now:

- MAC ceramic longtubes
- Magnaflow offroad X pipe
- Magnaflow catback.

I'm looking for something that will:

1) Sound good with an x pipe
2) Doesn't go "bllllaaaaahhhh", when I step on the gas (i.e. has some definition to the sound)
3) Isn't obnoxiously loud
4) Still pretty free-flowing

I'm willing to sacrifice some performance for a little more quiet..

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!
Riley

• Sponsors (?)

The only thing I could see being quieter would be an FRPP catback or Stock mufflers. With an off road x, no muffler is gonna be quiet. Personally I love my new Bassani's way more than my old Magnaflows, but I run cats on my car.