Requesting Help With Section Of Oem Fender Lip

Cool Beans

Aug 2, 2014
The driver side fender on my car has a section of the wheel opening lip cut out and the sheet metal there is flared out a bit. It looks repairable as-is, but it would much easier I think to patch it with a patch panel (something like you would do for the rear arch). But I can't find any patch panels for this area. The rest of the fender is nearly perfect, so I didn't want to replace it. I was wondering if anyone here has a fender that is too rotten to use in your project that you could cut out a piece for me? Just let me know how much, thanks!

I'd need something around 18" long and including the body line (for alignment).

Attachments

• IMAG0127.jpg
    IMAG0127.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 136
  • Sponsors (?)

The driver side fender on my car has a section of the wheel opening lip cut out and the sheet metal there is flared out a bit. It looks repairable as-is, but it would much easier I think to patch it with a patch panel (something like you would do for the rear arch). But I can't find any patch panels for this area. The rest of the fender is nearly perfect, so I didn't want to replace it. I was wondering if anyone here has a fender that is too rotten to use in your project that you could cut out a piece for me? Just let me know how much, thanks!

I'd need something around 18" long and including the body line (for alignment).
Instead of taking the piece out to the top line i would find a piece of sheet metal the same gauge as the fender and form it to the arch and just trim it for the wheel lip that is cut away and weld that in .

I just wanted the body line as a reference point. I plan to cut it out below the body line along that flat area above the flare. You can't see it in the picture, but the top of the flare was bowed out a lot. . .it looks like the tire was stuffed during a left hand turn. I've hammered it back in as best as I can, looks rough. If I can't get a patch panel, I was going to try what you suggest. I just think it would be better to do it this way so all the contours would be correct without having to goop on the bondo :hide: