Build Thread "Rising from Ashes" 94 Cobra build thread

• Sponsors (?)

I have had this thread open on my IPad for at least 6 months. You do absolutely outstanding work! Please put me down for a fox rad. cover. Keep up the great work! You have got great skillz and I look forward to you keeping us updated. Please if possible also include any customer work you do.

The combination of that wing, those side skirts and those wheels looks really good in my head.
Thanks, I should be getting around to doing the wheels soon.

I have had this thread open on my IPad for at least 6 months. You do absolutely outstanding work! Please put me down for a fox rad. cover. Keep up the great work! You have got great skillz and I look forward to you keeping us updated. Please if possible also include any customer work you do.
Thanks for checking it out and your down for a radiator cover.

Hey man love your work! Made an account just to comment on this thread. Spent the last few days reading all 53 pages of this constantly having to wipe the drool off my desk! ;) Your attention to detail is absolutely incredible. Got a quick question for you though in regards to the tail lights. I've got the stock set of horizontal tails out of my car, and the bezels are faded and look terrible. How do you separate the lenses from the bezels? Ive read they're molded together, so is the only way to cut them apart and plastic weld(?) them back together?

Hey man love your work! Made an account just to comment on this thread. Spent the last few days reading all 53 pages of this constantly having to wipe the drool off my desk! ;) Your attention to detail is absolutely incredible. Got a quick question for you though in regards to the tail lights. I've got the stock set of horizontal tails out of my car, and the bezels are faded and look terrible. How do you separate the lenses from the bezels? Ive read they're molded together, so is the only way to cut them apart and plastic weld(?) them back together?

Thanks for taking the time of go thru all 53 pages. I can't believe it has gotten to that. There is no need to separate and the 94/95 lights...and in fact they will not separate. I went thru this with John's (02 281 GT) lights because a body shop had screwed them up pretty bad. Just sand the painted part with 320/400/600 paper and feather any edges or chips. Then sand the lenses with 600 and tape them off with either fine line tape or painters tape. Spray the painted area's color, then untape the lenses and clear coat the whole thing. DONE!
94-95%20Exports%20Tails%209_zpsrckc1a3c.jpg
Exports%20collection%2086_zpsuiertd6r.jpg
or if you want to get really fancy add some candy or pearl and smoke em.
96-98%20Lights%2025_zpsbqn7lkvw.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time of go thru all 53 pages. I can't believe it has gotten to that. There is no need to separate and the 94/95 lights...and in fact they will not separate. I went thru this with John's (02 281 GT) lights because a body shop had screwed them up pretty bad. Just sand the painted part with 320/400/600 paper and feather any edges or chips. Then sand the lenses with 600 and tape them off with either fine line tape or painters tape. Spray the painted area's color, then untape the lenses and clear coat the whole thing. DONE!
Couldn't have asked for a better looking set of taillights. The perfect amount of smoke with plenty of daytime visibility.

DSC_0603_zps3e4fe95f.jpg

DSC_0507_zpsca5e8b9b.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0603_zps3e4fe95f.jpg
    DSC_0603_zps3e4fe95f.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 195
  • DSC_0603_zps3e4fe95f.jpg
    DSC_0603_zps3e4fe95f.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 219
coming along man!!! put me down for one of those radiator covers for a fox whenever its ready. I'll take mine in primer or in Kona Blue whatever is easier for you.

not to start a FS thread, but I know you like to stock up on items. so if you're lookign for an extra set of SVO skirts let me know!

Sounds good man thanks for the tips! Im working on tinting the headlights and tail lights. Im assuming still sand the lenses with 600, but should I buff them back clear before I spray the tint? Wet sand between tint and clear?