Build Thread Rob's 2015 Mustang Gt

The mechanical portion of the supercharging is done. All that's left now is tuning. I've got my base tune installed and have submitted my initial logs. I'm now waiting for Lund Racing to get back to me. I blame Ford for releasing the GT-350's around this time, because I know John is busy tuning those.

• Sponsors (?)

Friday I took my car to Ford for an oil change. When I came back a younger guy had taken It through the wash for me. He tells me he was freaking out because he realized he was driving a turbo'D Mustang. LOL I didn't bother correcting him since the car really does sound turbo instead of supercharged while idling around. She got a lot of attention up at the dealer.

Reactions: 1 user
Initial logs have been reviewed and there will be more data logging done tonight on the same tune. I get to Rev to 5K tonight as long as I stay out of the boost!

There's a bypass valve on the charge tube that is open when vacuum is applied. If you only apply part throttle you'll have enough vacuum to leave open the bypass valve which vents the compressed air. The bypass valve is that thing sticking off of that left tube.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    92.4 KB · Views: 352
Last edited:
Today has been very productive so far. I've been working most of the morning with John Lund I did a 2000-5500 WOT pull that was fun!
Then he sent me a revision of the tune and had me do 2500-7200 that was REALLY FUN! I reviewed the log myself and the car turned a little over 7700 RPM! She seems pretty strong so far. His reply to the last log was what size pulley am I running and what kind of elevation am I at which has me a little concerned that maybe something isn't quite right. We will see and I'll keep this updated!

Got my 3rd revision today but won't be able to test until after work. The pulley and elevation questions that I was worried about were because the engine wasn't under as much load and they expected and the pulley was a little larger than they realized. Probably around 8-9 PSI. Hoping to sling this thing down the track a couple times tomorrow if I can get out to test and tune and maybe a dyno run this sat if I can get one scheduled.

Ran the car down the 1/4 at Bradenton Motorsports Park. My first pass was my most successful ran a 12.6 @ 124. Unfortunately after adding Forced induction my car has gotten slower LOL but at least my MPH increased a good bit. I'm scheduled to run the 1/2 mile drags with Wanna Go Fast Jan 27 in Ocala FL at the Jumbol Air Run Way. I'm already discussing axles and sticky tires. I don't necessarily need to come out of the hole at 5k but I do need traction in first and second. Hoping I can get away with drag radials, axles, and driveshaft loops.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    78.4 KB · Views: 388
Wow. Those 60' times are terrible. With that trap speed, you are easily in the 11s once you've got your traction issues resolved. Tires will go a long way. I don't know how much the stock axles can handle but its probably good insurance to upgrade them (maybe 84ttop knows?). A driveshaft loop is always a good idea. I'm not sure you would even have traction with stock suspension if you bust out of the hole at 5k rpm. You can always figure out your optimum launch with your setup through trial and error. Keep us updated and good luck!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

So my wife came by my desk this afternoon and asked me how my track event went because I didn't talk about it. I explained to her it didn't go very well but it could've gone worse.she then asked if it didn't go well because I didn't have the parts that I mentioned a couple weeks ago. I told her that was probably the reason she wanted to know what the parts were that I need it. I show her the parts list and she gets me the credit card and says Merry Christmas. I now have a driveshaft axles set of rear wheels and tires. As far as wheels go I went with a 20 x 10 performance pack wheel with a NT05r 315 35-20 tire.

So my wife came by my desk this afternoon and asked me how my track event went because I didn't talk about it. I explained to her it didn't go very well but it could've gone worse.she then asked if it didn't go well because I didn't have the parts that I mentioned a couple weeks ago. I told her that was probably the reason she wanted to know what the parts were that I need it. I show her the parts list and she gets me the credit card and says Merry Christmas. I now have a driveshaft axles set of rear wheels and tires. As far as wheels go I went with a 20 x 10 performance pack wheel with a NT05r 315 35-20 tire.
Awesome!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Lucky! I mention car parts and the wife immediately gets ****y. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine isn't ok with it either... Oh wait, we are divorced now lol
At least the new girlfriend is down with going to the track and buying car parts, heck she is looking for a 53-56 Ford pickup as a project to work on together

Tires are in! They look awesome on the car!!! I'm going to heat cycle them tonight then take them off and put them back under the tree.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 385
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    97.9 KB · Views: 390
I should have some results shortly after Christmas. They are part of my Christmas gift. Once I get the Axle, and Driveshaft installed it will be TRACK TIME!

Reactions: 1 users
Parts are mine now! Thinking about tackling this job before the in laws come over. I installed the 20x10 wheels with 315 35 20 Nitto NT05R tires! Really liking the look.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I'm curious to know if you have any drive line noise after you install the driveshaft. I have a slight whine after I did mine and can't tell if it's me being to picky or a bad joint in the shaft? Just curious that's all