Rotary Engine swap?

So Ford and Mazda are the same company, Mazda's mean car is of course the RX-8 sporting the 1.3L Renesis 2-rotor jobby.... I was parked next to one yesterday, and it looks like a similar frame, and they're both rear-wheel... can a swap, theoretically, be done? That'd be pretty sweet, eh? Lemme know what ya think.

Alex :)

• Sponsors (?)

:rlaugh:
After your finished with that, you will have all the skills needed to install an LS1 with computer into a CRX.
Completly different chassis.
I origionally wanted to test drive an RX-8, because I have never driven a rotory, but then I saw the power/torque band layed over that of a S2000 4cyl. Truely amazing that the torque bands can be so similar, yet the engines are so different. I can't even imagine what a pig a full weight SN-95 car would be with that rotory. Sure, it would have punch, but around town, you would feel like you were romping on it badly.

Why waste time on such a stupid swap. the rotary`s make NO TORQUE and only make power at high rpm`s not to mention in my experience with rotary`s they burn oil like you won`t believe. the RX-8`s are damn slow anyways. just mod your stock motor you will be far better off

Fair enough... my only reason would be to say "hey, I've got a Mustang with a rotary engine!" So my best bet is probably to use some forced induction on what I've got, assuming I want power, anyway. Thanks

PS sorry about the multiple posts of the same thing. my internet was being ... odd.