Running On 7 Cylinders?

Detroiit

May 27, 2014
Detroit MI.
Hey guys..

I was installing my injectors for the future install of my blower. Long story short I put all of them in yesterday and noticed I forgot to put the nyogel on the connections so today after I got back from the range I started to pull the adapters and connections apart to properly coat the connections. I noticed that my number 4 cylinder injector had nothing plugged into it... Hmmm.. after some searching I found the connector behind the motor by the bell housing. I pulled it up and it had mud and debris all over it LIKE IT WAS NEVER PLUGGED IN. Is this possible? Could my car run strong on only 7 cylinders? It does have a E cam and has a rough idle anyway... but makes me wonder if I just somehow missed it yesterday and forgot to plug it in or it was never plugged in?

• Sponsors (?)

Did it have the traditional "I've got a cam choppy idle, or the shake of a car with an engine miss?
Ive never had a car with a cam. It did shake the car, but I didn't notice a miss. I thought that something wasn't right. I had a lower idle at 680 rpm even if I advanced the timing to 14*. (not sure if this could affect it or not). Im going to go through the 30# injectors tomorrow that I took out and look at all the connections to see if I can find one that has debris were the connection should of been. It did run strong so I dont see how this could be... but you never know I guess..

I had a physically broken spark plug so i was running on 7 for a couple days.. It still ran and i could lay rubber but you could tell something wasnt right especially at low rpm acceleration. Ran like a dream after i replaced all the plugs.