S10 challenges mustang

I've got buddies that run for 1K and up to cars.

Anyways these guys have stock looking piles different colors. Mostly Mustangs because that's the crowd I hang around but trust me I've seen it all from little nissans to hilman huskies.

These guys are no joke. They're popping wheelies on the street no problem 100 mm turbos 20+ psi superchargers and if it's still not enough a dose of nitrous to cool down the intake charge.. Basicly if your not running at least LOW 9's these guys will eat you up and spit you out. One of them has run 7.60's on low boost.

Sometimes they'll even drive these cars regularly on the street. For the most part they seem stock sounding until you get under boost. As you can see there is everything and anything found out there. These guys are definatly not your fast and furious wana be's they spend their life building the car only to race it on the weekends for big cash. Definatly not kids who think a honda with nitrous is quick.

Fireball is comming up :) Time to make a trip and see some nasty quick street racers from around.

• Sponsors (?)

65fastback2+2 said:
id like to figure that out, the 4.3L barely fits in there as it is now haha

Beats the heck out of me! :shrug: I've never seen pictures of the buildup; just read posts......

I'm guessing that they use a different radiator slammed tight up against the grille. No A/C to take up space and some BFH "massaging" of the fenderwells and maybe the doghouse to make it fit. The SBC isn't any wider than the 4.3; just "one cylinder longer". :D

Just looking at the fit of the 4.3 in 1/2's '91 S10 (and having spent two days changing motor mounts in the stinkin thing :bang: ); I'm pretty sure it's not gonna get an SBC while I own it! I'll just stick to the easy stuff like "World Peace" and the winning Powerball numbers! :rolleyes:

Still Dreamin'