Saving for a KB S/C . How much $ total / what additional parts

68 & 00 GT

May 14, 2003
HOUSTON TEXAS
Hope to save enough $ w/in the next 3 months to order one. What exactly will I need that gets everyone ~ 400 RWHP, and how much is everyone spending total on parts / shipping / tax etc...? Does it come as a complete kit ? (Fuel system, gaskets, etc...)

I already have a 77mm Pro M MAF, Anderson CAI already, Long tubes, O/R X, and Magnaflow CB - Do I need the intercooler ? If so would I need a higher boost pulley b/c of it ?
Can I only order direct from KB ?
Or wait and order form T & J. I like the upcomming adaptive tune idea from them :nice:

I need a complete shopping list of parts, and prices I don't want any surprises.
Any and all help needed thanks - Other ideas / considerations welcome.

Thanks -

(pm prices please :nice: )

• Sponsors (?)

Since nobody else has replied I'll give you a start:
Intercooled supercharger - 4899.00
Cool Air Kit - 104.00
75mm Throttle Body - 239.00
90 mm Mass Air Meter w/ Big Tube Inlet - 498.00

Add a $100 Mass air meter core charge which is refundable and then add $100 for shipping. These are the quotes that I have so far on mine. Everything that you need is included in the kit except gauges and spark plugs. I think that is right. Someone else will confirm I'm sure.

68 & 00 GT said:
Thanks -

Can I use my 77mm Pro M ?
Can I use my Anderson CAI (it uses stock TB location) ?
What about the fuel system ?
What spark plugs are needed ?
Have to get the 75mm TB ?

What about thier tune ?
IMO that when you install a blower of any type to get it tuned by a professional.

The global cost of my KB S/C Kit is growing exponentialy. Just to give you and idea, here is what I've paid thus far:

9 psi S/C Kit - $4899.00
Shipping and Handling - $125.00 (3rd Day FeDex)
Installation - $600
Dyno - $65
Big Tube, CAI, 90mm MAF and Switch Chip - $573
A-Pillar Pod and Gauges - $325
Gauge Installation - $50
Misc. - $75

Total to-date: $ 6712

And I still have to tune my car. So as you can see, the numbers can even go further north! :bang:

Wow.
Hopefully I can use my current CAI, and MAF at least. No installation charge here though. I'll be doing that myself w/ a buddy or two.
Anyone have the link to this KB kit ?

El Kid did you get a TB also ?
What all gauges ? I have a AM ultralight mechanical fuel pressure mounted under my cowl hood already -

I had the BBK 70mm TB and it works fine with the KB Kit. What CAI Kit do you currently have? I have the BBK CAI Kit, the one that goes into the fenderwell and KB claims that the 90 degree elbow just before the MAF meter is cuasing bad readings and hence may be the cause of my "lean" condition. I ordered the KB CAI along with the 90 mm MAF kit last Saturday and hopefully that will put an end to my "lean" condition. If does not, then I will get the MAFtuner. About the gauges, I got only the fuel pressure and boost gauges. You will love your KB Supercharger. Good Luck!

You can go to kennebell.net and they have a lot a info on the s/c there. They also have a price list and a FAQ section. You should check it out, it may answer any other questions that you have.

el_kid_1 said:
I had the BBK 70mm TB and it works fine with the KB Kit. What CAI Kit do you currently have? I have the BBK CAI Kit, the one that goes into the fenderwell and KB claims that the 90 degree elbow just before the MAF meter is cuasing bad readings and hence may be the cause of my "lean" condition. I ordered the KB CAI along with the 90 mm MAF kit last Saturday and hopefully that will put an end to my "lean" condition. If does not, then I will get the MAFtuner. About the gauges, I got only the fuel pressure and boost gauges. You will love your KB Supercharger. Good Luck!

I have an Anderson CAI and my Pro M attaches to the very the end of it outside the engine bay. The only thing befrore my MAF is the filter. I just wondered if the KB has the same TB location for my CAI still fit up to it.
Will my Pro M-77mm work good with a KB ?