Saw 6 Cobras Driving Downtown...

Drivin to lunch today when I start to hear a loud rumble. Don't think much of it, there's a lot of big trucks around, when suddenly I see a cobra start to come towards. And another. And another. Six total, two blue with white stripes, one flat blue, two all black, and one was white. One of the ones with stripes had race numbers on the sides and hood. Drove past me in the other direction...unfortunately I was in my buddy's red truck, but we gave em a honk and thumbs up. Didn't take any pictures either. Would have taken me atleast 15 mins to go get a camera and by that time they would have been looooooong gone. I'm going to the hotel in a little bit to see if they're parked where most of the other nice cars are, with a camera of course. There was a tesserosa (sp?) behind them, but I don't know if that was just coinsidence. Made my day :D

• Sponsors (?)

Years...I'm not too knowledgable on cobras, were there any exterior differences among them? :shrug:

Yea I doubt they were all original, I'm thinkin maybe the one with the numbers on it might have been? There are a lot of very rich people that vacation in this area though, so who knows, they were all older (50, 60) year old guys drivin em.

the orignal cobras aren't as wide as most of the kits... you'll see kit cars with 335 and 355 size tires in back, and they don't look out of place at all. Sometimes there are more curves with the kit cars... and obviously some kit cars come with tags that say 429/460/351 etc... engines that never came in factory Cobras. The kit cars are bigger in general too... more comfortable and such. The front end is almost always different, but its hard to describe.

And this all depends on the kit, some are made to replicate the orginals better than others, while some are built for all out performace (IE the ones with stroked 460s, 5 speed TKOs and the aformentioned 355 tires in back). The vast majority of Cobras you will see though, these days, are kits. Especially in Cali (I live across the freeway from a place that sells them), they're everywhere (relatively, heh)

NorCal66 said:
There are a lot of very rich people that vacation in this area though, so who knows, they were all older (50, 60) year old guys drivin em.

Hey, I fit in that "older" guys catagory, but not in the "very rich people" one. I was on a telephone pole last week in Silverado Canyon working on a phone line when an "older" guy goes cruising by in a blue and white Cobra. Can't wait to retire and do that to pass the time during the day in my Stang. :D