Seat Rail Extenders

FasterThanYou87

Dec 7, 2011
Hello! New to mustangs, i just picked up a 2005 Mustang GT, very happy with it. But im tall. 6'3, and i have to wear boots to work that make it even worse. Im looking for seat rail extenders for the drivers seat. I found some on CJ pony parts, but they claim it also lifts you 3/4 of an inch at the same time, and i very much do not want that... Anyone have any suggestions that will let me roll farther back, but not lift me up either??? Thanks!
P.S. Search didn't yield any results.

• Sponsors (?)

Hello! New to mustangs, i just picked up a 2005 Mustang GT, very happy with it. But im tall. 6'3, and i have to wear boots to work that make it even worse. Im looking for seat rail extenders for the drivers seat. I found some on CJ pony parts, but they claim it also lifts you 3/4 of an inch at the same time, and i very much do not want that... Anyone have any suggestions that will let me roll farther back, but not lift me up either??? Thanks!

Can't speak for the S197 cars, but I had to modify the seat rails themselves, in my Fox. I had the extenders for a while, but the did exactly what they claimed...and my head was hitting the roof.

I'm 6 feet 7 and have 2006 I took the front rail brackets and left rivet there but turned it 180 and made the hole in same bracket little bigger. The back bracket I ground rivets off and re drilled to old bracket and this moved it back 3/4 of inch. I know may not make sense but look at and think it through it worked well I reused front bolts and bought harden bolts for back.Pete