Serpentine Setup Help

gcwh02

Jun 20, 2005
pottstown, PA
I am trying to run no a/c, ps relocated with FRPP kit, and no smog. Does anyone have a diagram because they way it looks like it would go on my car the tensioner is useless. Should I just take the tensioner off? How can I get my belt on nice and tight?

• Sponsors (?)

try this???
2591090_38_full.jpg

Serpentine Belts

I have basically the same setup on my 347. PS eliminator and smog pump eliminator, with under drive pulleys. I used a standard belt for an non-airconditioned 5.0. It is 6" shorter than the original belt that came in the car. I don't know the actual dimentions though. The prior post may most accurate. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 user
I have basically the same setup on my 347. PS eliminator and smog pump eliminator, with under drive pulleys. I used a standard belt for an non-airconditioned 5.0. It is 6" shorter than the original belt that came in the car. I don't know the actual dimentions though. The prior post may most accurate. Good luck.

yea im gonna run it without the smog eliminator kit

I have a 95 GT. I plan on removing the A/C and the P/S Does anyone have the belt length for that setup? My smog pump will remain, but I will bypass it. I have to keep it because I live in California, so I need to hook it up once every two years.

94-95_mustang_belt_routing-jpg.204175.jpg

hmmmmm.. never seen a diagram where you keep the smog pump but remove the ac and PS. You are going to have to change the idler to a grooved pulley from a smooth one.

For the actual length, take a piece of string and wrap it around the pulleys and then get a belt with that length +/- 1/2 inch ( 3 belts ) Use the one that fits best with the right amount of deflection

Attachments

• upload_2016-9-24_18-1-48.jpeg
    upload_2016-9-24_18-1-48.jpeg
    10.7 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
You really need an aftermarket accessory drive kit to pull that off. Problem is I don't know of any that elim the ac and ps and keep the smog pump. That's a rare request.

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

94-95_mustang_belt_routing-jpg.204175.jpg

hmmmmm.. never seen a diagram where you keep the smog pump but remove the ac and PS. You are going to have to change the idler to a grooved pulley from a smooth one.

For the actual length, take a piece of string and wrap it around the pulleys and then get a belt with that length +/- 1/2 inch ( 3 belts ) Use the one that fits best with the right amount of deflection

This is AWESOME! Thank you for posting! Cheers!

Unless this is a dedicated race car, I can't think of s single reason why you'd want to remove the A/C and power steering. Especially on the south/west coast? The horsepower gain is minimal. Certainly not worth the hoops you've got to jump through to remove them.

Unless this is a dedicated race car, I can't think of s single reason why you'd want to remove the A/C and power steering. Especially on the south/west coast? The horsepower gain is minimal. Certainly not worth the hoops you've got to jump through to remove them.

Yes, this is going to be a track car. Doing some local road racing. I am putting in a manual rack from Flaming River.

You really need an aftermarket accessory drive kit to pull that off. Problem is I don't know of any that elim the ac and ps and keep the smog pump. That's a rare request.

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

I know. I never have a simple plan. I'm only keeping the smog pump due to California smog laws. I want to keep it "Street Legal" in case I sell it here. I have to smog test it every two years.