Electrical Service Engine Light Feedback...

mustangmikey88

Dec 16, 2014
Hi I'm new to this website I'm Mike, 26 and live in NY. Ive got a 2009 Mustang GT 4.6 liter with SR cold air intake and Im pretty new with mods. Well I just got back from deployment in Afghanistan with Army and I had a remote starter and the cold air intake installed for me while I was overseas. My problem is that my service engine sensor keeps turning on since I got it back from storage 2 days ago. So I immediately brought it in to get checked. Turned out it ran 4 error codes, 2 dealing with the antitheft and car ignition from the new keys that ford had made for my keyless entry to match up with my vehicle. It turns out that those codes keep popping up when I get it checked, and im not sure what to do? Any advice? Oh, and the other 2 codes dealt with my O2 sensor having to be replaced, which I did replace. I spent a whopping 700 bucks on fixing those issues "trying" and after I left the service shop, the service engine light continues to turn on after I start my vehicle. Any tips? Should I get the car retuned since I put a cold air intake into it? I think maybe that has something to do with the problem maybe? Also, does that model have to run on premium fuel, or is regular unleaded enough to run it properly? Any advice helps me, thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

The anti-theft uses a specifically coded key, so the dealership should have made keys using the appropriate codes. What intake is on the car? Some require a tune, others do not. You can use either 87 or 93 octane fuel and it won't affect the anything, except 93 octane will give you a somewhat flatter torque curve.