Shepherd Aluminum 3 Row Radiator

90sickfox

Wasn't a pretty sight...and I've got big hands
SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
Has anyone used a 3 row radiator from shepherd auto parts ? The reviews on amazon are 5 star. I've got one ordered and supposed to be here Friday.

• Sponsors (?)

Direct fit...all aluminum. I don't know how to post a link.smh. don't know if its Chinese or American made. I moved fast to buy one....only 68.00...90.00 shipped. Figured at that price if its junk I can off it on Craigslist and get most if not all of my money back. Lol. Lifetime warranty...fully welded.

90 is half what they are going for online. Reviews are vague at best. Seems there are minor fit issues, but nothing that makes it a deal breaker. Run it. Worse that could happen is you crack a weld and have the car towed home.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm going to install it and take pics to post here when I get it. Usually, you get what you pay for but we'll see. Fingers crossed.

uploadfromtaptalk1445476998867.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1445477023892.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1445477052885.jpg
This thing is awesome. With a lifetime warranty....can't beat it for the price. Glad I jumped on it. Welds look good...not fully polished but way better than I expected [emoji2]

I'll keep everyone posted. My new project is going together now.
uploadfromtaptalk1445747279209.jpg
Its getting a gt front, t5 zspec trans, IRS rear, cobra brakes, and a 331 stroker. Hopefully, I can beat the winter.

Last edited:
This radiator is doing great so far. No issues yet. It gets a big thumbs up from me [emoji106]

The gotcha is that if the corners are square like the similar one I got from Rock Auto, it won't fit correctly. You have to do significant cutting and reshaping of the bottom rubber mounts. If you ditch the rubber mounts, you will find that the metal mount brackets will soon rub holes in the aluminum.

The Rock Auto part looks jus like the one you have, it says "3 core equivalent" and has only 2 large cores when you look inside the radiator. I spent quite some time getting it to fit in the OEM mounts. The stock fan shroud required some careful repositioning to keep the fan blades from rubbing.

I have a drawing of what was needed to be done to the lower rubber mounts. It isn't finished yet, but if you find that you need it, repost and do the @jrichker thing. I'll finish it up and post it for you.

The gotcha is that if the corners are square like the similar one I got from Rock Auto, it won't fit correctly. You have to do significant cutting and reshaping of the bottom rubber mounts. If you ditch the rubber mounts, you will find that the metal mount brackets will soon rub holes in the aluminum.

The Rock Auto part looks jus like the one you have, it says "3 core equivalent" and has only 2 large cores when you look inside the radiator. I spent quite some time getting it to fit in the OEM mounts. The stock fan shroud required some careful repositioning to keep the fan blades from rubbing.

I have a drawing of what was needed to be done to the lower rubber mounts. It isn't finished yet, but if you find that you need it, repost and do the @jrichker thing. I'll finish it up and post it for you.
It fit well and it is a true 3 row. I did have to trim the rubber mounts for the thicker radiator but that was expected. The radiator is completely square. I expected it to be " el cheapo" but its really nice. The only thing is the welds aren't polished but they ate tigged well.