shipping seats, need advice

old_blue

15 Year Member
Nov 3, 2003
A friend of mine got me a set of seats from a 03 mustang that are bascially brand new. I need to know how he can ship them. He took them to DHL but they wouldn't take them because they weren't in a box. They are wrapped in a thick plastic like matresses come in. Anyone have any advice and where to take these too and how to ship them. I am in Az and he is in OH. thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

I shipped 04 cobra seats and took them apart. I put the bottoms in one box, face to face. I then put the backs in another box, face to face. Of course I bubble wrapped the crap out of them too. I then sent them via UPS.

tunedin302 said:
I shipped 04 cobra seats and took them apart. I put the bottoms in one box, face to face. I then put the backs in another box, face to face. Of course I bubble wrapped the crap out of them too. I then sent them via UPS.

You could disassemble them and take them to the UPS store and have them boxed up. It will cost some, but it takes the hassle out of it.

I have shipped seats before - best way is to take the backs off, then put them in a box, one seat per box, with the seat and back lying flat against each other. Bubble wrap them, and put extra cardboard around any pointy bits. Then take them down to the local greyhound station and ship them that way - your buddy will have to go to his local greyhound station to pick them up - it will be the cheapest way to ship them by far. You can ship them by UPS, but they will ask you to turn around and touch your toes first! Fedex ground would be the next cheapest alternative.