Shopping Suggestion, Ecoboost Or Gt?

A car dealer looking to take in a trade, is not "most people". Most people (and even dealers for that matter) will be more than happy to take in a modified mustang, provided the mods are tasteful and reversible. What most aren't willing to do however is give many owners their inflated asking price for those additional mods when the time comes. Mods really add next no additional value to the trade in and depending on what mod it is, may actually get you less.....but try to convince the guy who just spent $5K on mods over the last couple of years that they aren't worth anything when he wants to deal his ride in.

The right mods on the other hand will be appreciated by those who know Mustang....but generally that's strictly private sale territory.

Case in point....you'd be hard pressed today to find a Fox body, or for that matter, even an SN95 Mustang GT that hasn't had some form of modification performed to it at some point. People are still lining up to buy them though.

.....and again, your statement (as far as dealerships are concerned) applies to any Mustang, not GT's exclusively.
5K$ over a few years?? It didn't take me more than a few clicks on the interwebz to spend that on my 2015 :crazy:

• Sponsors (?)

Back to the original point: GTs are still more fun, and more power right off the bat. And, that can't be argued with. I do believe you probably can have as much fun with a 4 banger, but if you're prejudice toward the "muscle" in muscle car, you'll want the 5.0. And, I don't "beat" on mine, and have kept it stock, I even kept my 2011 stock. Well, OK, it was because money was short, not because I didn't want to mod it. :D

I have a 50 mile round trip commute so the GT didn't make sense to me. Plus I have a 68 Barracuda in the garage for when I feel the need to scare women and make small children cry. I also like to mod all my cars and a turbo 4 is perfect for that, so perfect IMHO that I have driven turbo 4s continiously as my daily drivers since 1985.

My Ecoboost Premium with Performance Package has a CAI, had the resonator removed, the mufflers swapped for MagnaFlows and has a tune. The car runs low 5 sec 0-60 times compared to my buddy at works 15 GT that he can just get into the high 4s. The EB is a more nimble handler with 200 lbs less over the front wheels. Plus from a daily driver commuter car I get 30mpg back and forth to work and can push it into the upper 30s if I drive like I had an egg between my foot and the gas.

If my driving surcumstances were different I might have gone for the GT but I have no regrets with my purchase.