Short Throw Shifter

mpeach1976

Feb 14, 2014
Are short throw shifter's worth it? Are they a lot shorter/easier of a shift than the factory shifter? Obviously I'm thinking of putting one in, but want some feedback before. Thanks for the feedback ahead of time.

• Sponsors (?)

mpeach1976:

Short answer: it's personal preference. I like a short(er-than-stock) shift.

You have many options. Whatever you decide, please consider installing the MGW stainless bushings for the shifter support rod. These bushings replace the rubber bushings that allow the support rod to move around (a lot) and make accurate shifts difficult. The s/s bushings are only $25 (per pair) and they are not difficult to install. Run some searches and find out what short throw shifters are popular and you will be rewarded with lots of good info.

HTH,

Chris

i actually started with the steeda because i missed third gear jamming almost everytime. while it did eliminate the missed 3rd gear that ALOT of new mustang owners find it was like it got caught on burred metal going into 1st and 2nd gently. i crapped the whole thing and boughtthe MGW. THE BEST PURCHASE I EVER MADE. worth the money and definately worth the time. and the added enjoyment of slamming your passengers ino their seat when u slam the gears at a 27% decreased throw that is blatantley noticable.

Mgw not only has the new rave spec for sale but they ate giving 200 rebate for returning their old one! by far the sturdier and moat solid this chinese crap tranny has ever felt!