Should I Buy 06 Gt With 129k Miles??

Marin34

Nov 16, 2015
Hey guys this is my first post here. I'm looking at buying an 06 gt and it's in really nice condition. I'm hesitant because of the amount of miles it has 129k. Is there anything I should be looking for or anything I should be concerned with in specific. I appreciate the help. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Do a good overall check of the car. Check the VIN to make sure it's a clear title. A dealer should provide it free of charge. If it's a private seller ask them to provide a Carfax or similar. Ask about maintenance history and if they can provide receipts. Get it up on a lift and check out the suspension and make sure there are no external leaks. If it's in nice condition more than likely the owner took care of the car.

I bought my 06 GT brand new, it will hit 200,000 miles next month. The only thing I've done besides maintance (spark plugs, filters, oil, brakes, battery) is tie rod ends and I need strut mounts. It has been a rock solid car. My 88 has 357,000 miles and needed much more work by they time it got to 200,000 miles. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a high mileage Mustang if it has been treated half decent.

Reactions: 1 user
I say the same thing inspect well. And drive home if it checks out. Just got my first stang 97 gt five speed. Got some miles on her but was well maintained and drives great.

sent while thinking of mods for my 4.6s using tapatalk

Same as everyone else has mentioned. 129K on a Pony car with 129K is really nothing. If it were the 70's or the 80's it would be EOSL for most cars at that mileage, but today's cars, if kept mechanically sound can run up to 300 or 400k and still have a good fit & finish to boot.
Things sure have come a long way in quality of materials, workmanship, fit and finish.

If you know a mechanic or a good detailer take them with you. As a detailer I offer services to go with folks to look at used and new cars. A keen eye and a Defelsko paint meter should tell if the car has been in an accident (exception for Carbon Fiber & Fiberglass panels). Fords should have 100 - 140 microns of factory paint because the factory does thin-even coats. Body shops cannot mimic what the robots can do, and when I see readings into the 200's or even 300's and the rest of the car reads low 100's, I know that panel has been repaired.