Showing support

• Sponsors (?)

dont have any bumper stickers, or magnets. I support our armed forces, and do so readily. I just do not need to tell everyone with a sticker.

I do have a couple dozen worn out pairs of bdu's and boots though. ;)

We need to show our support for our troops by talking congress into increasing their pay and verteran benifits. We should provide them with the best of everything since it's their butts they are putting on the line for us.

I heard on the radio this morning that a lady on an airline asked the stewardess if she could trade her first class ticket with a soldier returning from the middle east (Iraq I presume) who was sitting in coach. The stewardess refused her request, so the passenger just got up and traded seats with the soldier, then all the other passengers in first class started doing the same thing. The first class passengers only made one remark, they ran out of soldiers! It's so nice to hear stories like this, instead of the protesting out there.

mustang70 said:
I get up every morning and put on my uniform and go to work.

Hey, we might be on a boat, but we still serve a purpose.:nice:

Hey, I'm a Marine...while we love to joke about the Navy (even more so the Air Force, whom we are serious about usually when we "joke") we have othing but the utmost respect for sailors. Particularly Corpsmen! I try to make friends with every corpsman I meet - the life I save, may be my own.

skywalker said:
Hey, I'm a Marine...while we love to joke about the Navy (even more so the Air Force, whom we are serious about usually when we "joke") we have othing but the utmost respect for sailors. Particularly Corpsmen! I try to make friends with every corpsman I meet - the life I save, may be my own.

I know you're just joking around. I've worked with a few Marines myself and have gotten along with most of them. If we can't trust each other, then we won't make it very far.

slick: I think the competition makes us better. I like Army guys for the most part. Certain things they do irritate me some times...The air force is the only branch I have serious issues with, their poor basic training mostly. Sorry, it just bothers me to walk into a military mech shop and hear non-rates and NCOs calling each other by their first names, that's just wrong.

Yeah would have to agree with you on that one :) When i went through my AIT for engineers at Ft.Lenoard Wood. The AirForce and Navy SeaBee's Got to stay in 2 man dorm rooms! All we got were the stinky azz large bays.

Mad props for you marines! I got a buddy whos a marine stationed at Miramar

In my about almost 2 yrs in the marines now (yes, i know reeeaaaalllly long time, I'm a reservist at that, but I also am trying to get my commission so I'd be active then so don't be to harsh haha.) I've only once stayed in a dorm style barracks one time, they were the 2nd worst barracks I've stayed in, and it was 4 to a room. That was in Yuma (Sorry StangDreamin') other than that, I've stayed in squadbays and nothing else. I've stayed in some pretty sorry ones too. We had one where the AC ran 24/7. That was nice when I got there in September, but by November We took to showering during noon chow so that it wouldn't be blistering cold when we got out of the shower! That was at Camp Pendleton. Then of course there was boot camp and MCT, those sqaudbays weren't to bad, and the racks at MCT were unbelievably comfortable.

This is how I do. I run one in April and Sept. for the past three years. The money goes to the Family Support Group of the 111th Fighter wing of the PA. Air National Guard. We also sell t-shirts.

patroit_day_cruise_flyer_fixed600.jpg