Side Exhaust?

I have a Black 1996 Mustang GT and I am thinking about putting the side exhaust on it, similar to the BOSS. Any comments on that I was worried about the paint fading around the exhaust pipe, or any ideas where I can buy the parts to do it. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

There are less bends on side exhaust than tailpipes. Think about it, the kit comes with mufflers that the outlets are on the sameside as the inlets so there is actually one bend. With tailpipes, there are 3 bends which is less free flowing so no you will not lose power.

dustang90 said:
There are less bends on side exhaust than tailpipes. Think about it, the kit comes with mufflers that the outlets are on the sameside as the inlets so there is actually one bend. With tailpipes, there are 3 bends which is less free flowing so no you will not lose power.
are you sure? yah are exhasut has the pipes that go over the axle but that is not a complete 180 deg turn around like side exhasut and most pep say you loose a little because of that reason i have read it several times ask around!

http://www.steeda.com/
Finally a bolt-on, side exhaust kit that doesn't cost you horsepower! Steeda's new all stainless steel side-exit exhaust kit makes power and looks great! We did a back-to-back dyno test with our side-exit kit and it made 2 RWHP more than a Flowmaster cat-back kit. This is a major achievement because up until now side-exit exhaust was dyno-proven to COST you horsepower. Now with Steeda's new kit you can MAKE real power. The Steeda Side-Exit exhaust kit features 100% stainless steel construction for ultimate durability and all neccessary hardware for installation
there you go since you dont believe me steeda "says" they have since fixed the problem. but for 750 for a cat back they damn sure better have.