Side Exit Exhaust?

i have long tube headers back to flowasters into typical tail section up over the rear end. Finding the exhaust rattling around quite a bit and it's annoying. Thoughts of kicking out the sides? I see you can buy a kit for 600$ any other options or things people have done??

thanks for input and ideas/feedback you guys are such a knowledge pool

John

• Sponsors (?)

Thundercoater, I'd be curious to see what this "kit" is you speak of, I'm guessing you are not talking about side pipes but an exhaust exit forward of the rear tires?? I can't tell for sure but your sig pic looks like a GT and a side exit may be more work than it's worth with having to modify the skirts, would be easier on an LX, my $.02. BTW, where are you in Maine? I'm in Westbrook...

Thundercoater, I'd be curious to see what this "kit" is you speak of, I'm guessing you are not talking about side pipes but an exhaust exit forward of the rear tires?? I can't tell for sure but your sig pic looks like a GT and a side exit may be more work than it's worth with having to modify the skirts, would be easier on an LX, my $.02. BTW, where are you in Maine? I'm in Westbrook...

Hey REV - I am in Hollis not far at all; I just moved here about a year n half ago.

Reactions: 1 user
789F9_side_pipes.jpg

I can dig it with a saleen lip kit

hey man new to stang net but not to mustangs. I currently have a side exhaust setup on my notch. It consists of bbk longtubes going into a mack pro chamber x pipe and then race bullets and out below torque boxes with dual tips on each side. It is loud not to bad in car or with windows open it turns heads like you couldint imagine and gives the car a very unique sound. If interested I can maybe get you pics of the setup so you can see how it is done. Since im pulling it off to rebuild motor anyway.

Reactions: 2 users
I kinda like this idea (pic is from Majer racing body kits), I've seen somewhere? this same basic setup but exiting forward of the rear wheels.

Attachments

• 79-93-fox-body-kit-03.jpg
    79-93-fox-body-kit-03.jpg
    310.6 KB · Views: 5,353
Yes you're correct, in conjunction with. Sits far too low by itself

The problem with that is now you have a saleen front, different side skirts and either nothing in the rear, a saleen rear valence or a GT bumper.
Lx's with no tailpipes just look wrong, the gt rear won't look right with the saleen front and side exhaust skirts and a saleen rear valence with no tailpipes just looks stupid since there are slots for it.

No matter how you slice it, it doesn't look light and it will be mismatched.

Its all a matter of opinion and you already know about opinions.... I love the styling of a stock lx or gt for that matter but some people like outlandish styles

Reactions: 1 users