Side Exit Exhaust?

hey man new to stang net but not to mustangs. I currently have a side exhaust setup on my notch. It consists of bbk longtubes going into a mack pro chamber x pipe and then race bullets and out below torque boxes with dual tips on each side. It is loud not to bad in car or with windows open it turns heads like you couldint imagine and gives the car a very unique sound. If interested I can maybe get you pics of the setup so you can see how it is done. Since im pulling it off to rebuild motor anyway.
Love to see some pics

• Sponsors (?)

hey man new to stang net but not to mustangs. I currently have a side exhaust setup on my notch. It consists of bbk longtubes going into a mack pro chamber x pipe and then race bullets and out below torque boxes with dual tips on each side. It is loud not to bad in car or with windows open it turns heads like you couldint imagine and gives the car a very unique sound. If interested I can maybe get you pics of the setup so you can see how it is done. Since im pulling it off to rebuild motor anyway.
Love to see some pics
Thundercoater, I'd be curious to see what this "kit" is you speak of, I'm guessing you are not talking about side pipes but an exhaust exit forward of the rear tires?? I can't tell for sure but your sig pic looks like a GT and a side exit may be more work than it's worth with having to modify the skirts, would be easier on an LX, my $.02. BTW, where are you in Maine? I'm in Westbrook...

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B7QKChNm6Jg

Side pipes are easy to go wrong on. Nothing ruins a beautiful woman wearing a short skirt like a d*ck hanging out the bottom.

* I do like them, but only as long as it fits right.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

I think that's cool. It's outside the box. The only thing I would've done is maybe push the tip a little further toward the rear of the car.

@elarm1 said it well, everbody has an opinion and we all know what those are like.

If somebody built a nasty sounding car with an engine that thumped your chest and was explaining his sidepipes and pointing to them with scuffed up fingers because HE built it, as opposed to paying someone else to... now THAT is cool... and I wouldn't give two F's what the check writing hobby car guys think... just my opinion. ;)

Reactions: 2 users
I think that's cool. It's outside the box. The only thing I would've done is maybe push the tip a little further toward the rear of the car.

@elarm1 said it well, everbody has an opinion and we all know what those are like.

If somebody built a nasty sounding car with an engine that thumped your chest and was explaining his sidepipes and pointing to them with scuffed up fingers because HE built it, as opposed to paying someone else to... now THAT is cool... and I wouldn't give two F's what the check writing hobby car guys think... just my opinion. ;)
Like this guy

View: https://youtu.be/jcaEQML0grU

Reactions: 1 users
Hell yes!

Posers be like- EEEWWW that gauge on the cowl is out of place and doesn't match. I'd never pay mechanic to do that...LOLZ

:rlaugh:
I think a bubble like the old pontiacs had on the hood would be a little more trick.
Seriously though. His car is one of my favorites. He's not afraid to wind that thing out and it fuccking screams

I've had to channel the floor for exhaust before. Had to come out the quarter panel as there was no room over the four link. I thought it was bitchin. So did the CHP officer when it blew his pant legs!
f2631369e7598d43374d1056f370a4e9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user