Siphoning gas blows...

GreatWhite

Feb 24, 2006
Fairfield, PA
I need to drop the tank to install my battery box and such, bought a siphon from Wal-Mart today and I can't get the thing to pump the gas out... it feels like the tube is hitting the fuel pump assembly inside the tank or something... Really need to get some of the gas out or this thing is gonna be super heavy.... any thoughts???:notnice:

• Sponsors (?)

No just take the car out for a long ride. Till it's about 1/8 of a tank or lower. Place a spare tire to the ground, drivers side. Disconnect the wiring and all lines. Remove strapps with a floor jack underneath the tank in the center. Once strapps are removed and out of the way drop the tank onto the spare tire. The pass. side of the tank will stay up do to the filler neck. But, there should be plenty of room to drill and run cables if needed. Also, don't forget to remove the screws from the filler neck in the gas door. It allows the pass. side to drop a little. You can probably get away with the tank being the way it is without any problem. It's not like you're removing the pump right?

fidstang said:
No just take the car out for a long ride. Till it's about 1/8 of a tank or lower. Place a spare tire to the ground, drivers side. Disconnect the wiring and all lines. Remove strapps with a floor jack underneath the tank in the center. Once strapps are removed and out of the way drop the tank onto the spare tire. The pass. side of the tank will stay up do to the filler neck. But, there should be plenty of room to drill and run cables if needed. Also, don't forget to remove the screws from the filler neck in the gas door. It allows the pass. side to drop a little. You can probably get away with the tank being the way it is without any problem. It's not like you're removing the pump right?
Cant remove all the lines or wiring till you drop the tank.. So loosen straps first and unbolt the little metal grounding thing from the filler neck to gas tank. Then unhook all wiring and lines..

I just used the spare tire and a peice of wood on the floor jack. Unbolted the straps, fillerneck and lowered it untill I could get to the vacum line. Which was the only line I could not get off untill it was partially lowered. So yeah, what RsStanG1987 said!

take the fuel line that goes into the fuel filter off and aim it in a bucket, go under your driver seat and find the fuel pump relay....jump it with a power source and all your fuel will pump out very quickly

dude you you dont need to drop the tank to installed the battery relocation. Put it somewhere else, heres where i put mine. And I agree, just do your normal driving around and when the tank has 1/8 or 1/4 left then drop it dont worry about all that crap.

01eb5366.jpg

This is where I grounded it, im gonna change it but its worked for a few months now.

052db7e2.jpg

Attachments

• 01eb5366.jpg
    01eb5366.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 74
  • 052db7e2.jpg
    052db7e2.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 65
yeah see... i can't drive it around because i've already removed the old wires and ran the new ones for the battery... i finally got the siphon to work so i'm pumping the gas out right now and i'm going to drop it tomorrow.