Size of the back seat in a Ford Mustang Convertible

Hi

I'm thinking about renting a Ford Mustang Convertible when I go to the USA on vacation this summer. The rental companies says that it is big enough for 4 adults. But how big is the back seat in this car? Can two adults of average size (I guess that is about 180 cm or about 6 ft) sit comfortable in the back seat?

Regards
Gard
Stavanger, Norway
http://www.gardkarlsen.com

• Sponsors (?)

2 average sized adults will definatly NOT sit comfortably in the back seat of a hard top mustang or a rag top. They could probably go short distances but I wouldnt go cross country. :notnice:

One adult can fit in the back, because then he can put his feet up on the other side :)

I'm 6'2" and there is NO room behind my seat. Anyone who has to sit behind me is screwed.

Maybe if the driver and passenger were 5' tall and could pull the seats ALL the way forward you could fit two people in the back somewhat comfortably.

But generally, its best to just think of it as a two-seater and save some people a lot of suffering.

gardkarlsen said:
Hi

I'm thinking about renting a Ford Mustang Convertible when I go to the USA on vacation this summer. The rental companies says that it is big enough for 4 adults. But how big is the back seat in this car? Can two adults of average size (I guess that is about 180 cm or about 6 ft) sit comfortable in the back seat?

Regards
Gard
Stavanger, Norway
http://www.gardkarlsen.com

:nonono: Back seat is too cramped for 2 average sized adults. Who ever is going to be back there will be hating life. :bang:

I'm only 5'9" and sit way up on the steering wheel like a grandma, and people can't sit behind me........so I just said F**K it and took the rear seat out.....it's worthless unless you're hauling 5 year olds all the time

Thordic said:
One adult can fit in the back, because then he can put his feet up on the other side :)

I'm 6'2" and there is NO room behind my seat. Anyone who has to sit behind me is screwed.

Maybe if the driver and passenger were 5' tall and could pull the seats ALL the way forward you could fit two people in the back somewhat comfortably.

But generally, its best to just think of it as a two-seater and save some people a lot of suffering.

:stupid:

you have about 6" of leg room on each side, and nearly no headroom

I just hope your sister and girlfriend aren't in the backseat for the same reasons, hehe

No but seriously, backseats in all Mustangs sucks, that's why you may as well consider them as 2+2 cars. Last time I successfully seen four adults in a mustang was dad's 5.0 and we actually had five people in it, and I had just had foot surgery, so yes it was an even tighter fit, but dad helped us all out by making our a-holes pucker grabbing rubber into 4th gear.

What back seat?

Forget it pal, I own 95 convertible my 13yr kid has a hard time sitting in the back. The wind with the top down drives her crazy sitting in the back at highway speed. You can't ask folks to sit back there for a long drive. I like the rag top, but not enough to use it to go on vacation, it's tuff just fitting two sets of golf clubs in the trunk.

Stang2Man said:
I just hope your sister and girlfriend aren't in the backseat for the same reasons, hehe

No but seriously, backseats in all Mustangs sucks, that's why you may as well consider them as 2+2 cars. Last time I successfully seen four adults in a mustang was dad's 5.0 and we actually had five people in it, and I had just had foot surgery, so yes it was an even tighter fit, but dad helped us all out by making our a-holes pucker grabbing rubber into 4th gear.

Go dad!!! :rlaugh: :lol:

well if the company your gonna use rents fords, then they might carry jags to, in which case u could get a jag vert, which would be alot more fun, imo, unless u rented an o3+ cobra somehow, because u wouldnt be carrying too much about yur passengers when driving that car